VII. A- Chapter 145: "I have what I want,"

Author's note

Where have I heard the title from? 🤔

SPEED-FORCE

OLIVER QUEEN

The Flash, with Clark at his side, surveys the land, looking for any sign of Oliver.

      "It's over, Deegan!" Superman says.

      "No!" Deegan, impersonating superman counters, "I decide when the story ends!" The book of Destiny in his hands emitting tremendous amounts of energy.

"All right. Come on, Oliver. Where are you?" Barry mutters to himself, mostly. "I wasn't here for this,"  Barry tells Clark.

"Where were you?" Clark asks.

"Oh...um...Kara and I were trying to slow down time, by circling the globe in opposite directions,"

"Who's Kara?"

"Your cousin...sorta?" Barry answers.

Superman steps towards Deegan, Deegan uses the book's energy to keep some distance between them. It seems to be strong enough to hold superman back.

Clark, with his superhearing, caught someone sneaking up on Deegan, "Is that Oliver?" he asks. Barry follows his gaze, "Yeah," he answers with a sharp nod.

Oliver pulls out an arrow from his quiver. He anticipates the movement of his target before firing. It was a clean shot through the book of destiny.

As Deegan falls backward he drops the book.

Lois, who has been suspended in mid-air thanks to Barry and Kara, was now falling at normal speed. Superman catches her with plenty of time to spare.

      "Told you you'd catch me," Lois mocks.

Superman lets out a sigh of relief that quickly turns into a laugh.

Lois and Superman walks up to Oliver with gratitude, superman says, "Thanks for the save,"

      "With a magic arrow, no less," Lois adds.

      "It's a gift from the Monitor," Oliver states.

Lois was first to spot Barry and Clark.

"Barry?" Oliver questions, "Who's your friend?"

"It's a crazy, long story, and you wouldn't believe me if I told you...Can we talk to you for a minute? Please." Barry begs. "Excuse us."

Superman and Lois took that as a sign to leave.

     "Who are you?" Oliver asks Clark.

     "I'm Clark Kent,"

Oliver was confused, Clark had just left with Lois.

     "Before you ask...This is Sarah's fiancé," He let that sink in with Oliver before he continued, "I know this doesn't make any sense but you're not h-here right now. You're actually-"

     "-In the Speed Force," Oliver finishes Barry's sentence, "I remember. I...I remember everything,"

      "Do you happen to know why I am still here?...Why I didn't fade like my friend Barry?"

      "You still have a purpose. You're gonna help us fight the Anti-Monitor,"

    "Speaking of 'Monitor's, That arrow you got from him? I always felt  like there was something you weren't telling me." The flash says.