VI. Chapter 127: "You gotta move on,"

Author's Note

Okay, that's it for today, this is the last chapter, some of you have read chapter 128 (it was the sneak peak I posted) now you have an idea where it goes, what came before it and such?

Please mind the mistakes in the Justice League chapters, if they're any, tell me and I'll fix them :).

I've been having a rough time making the final battle for justice league seeing as it's not my favorite, in all honesty, I'll get it done, but when Justice League: the Snyder cut comes out I'm remaking it for you guys. You have that to look forward to.

Update on Crisis on Infinite Earths, I've went around the end battle in Justice League and started the Arrowverse chapters, which I'm really excited about because the placement of endgame chapters and Crisis are coming together really well. Ugh I just need to get over the Justice League hurdle so, you guys can see it. If you want to see it sooner commenting things that you liked in each might help, just a hint ;)

Without further a due here's the chapter

...

Earth 616, 2023

Support Group

New York

Steve has always been one to help those in need, so he holds a support group every week.

Most of the people who come, tell stories about how their week went, Other's come to hear Steve's words of wisdom. He has a way of knowing exactly what to say, even if he's had a hard time believing his own words, these past five years.

     "So I... uh, went on a date the other day," A man sitting next to Steve speaks up. "It's the first time in five years, you know? I'm sitting there at dinner... I didn't even know what to talk about,"

      "What 'did' you talk about?" Steve asks trying to keep the conversation going.

     "Same old crap, you know? How things have changed, and... my job, his job, how much we miss the Mets. And then things got quiet... He cried as they were serving the salads,"

      "What about you?" The man sitting across from him questions.

     "I criiiied... just before dessert. But I'm seeing him again tomorrow, so..."

     "That's great," Steve nods, "You did the hardest part. You took the jump, you didn't know where you were gonna come down. And that's it. That's those brave little baby steps we gotta take. To try and become whole again, try and find purpose," His eyes wonders the room, finding the eyes of the group members that are closest to him, "I went in the ice in forty-five, right after I married the love of my life. Woke up 70 years later, to find out, I have a daughter...had," Steve corrects, "still haven't got used to saying that," he mumbles, before a frown forms on his face.

He pauses, "You gotta move on," Steve nods his head slightly, as he, himself tries to believe what he said.

He understands why people would follow him. Why people would trust every word that comes out of his mouth. He's a leader, a born leader. He just wished he wasn't, because leaders get people killed.

Steve looks down this time as he says the words, "Gotta move on," he says this more to himself, rather then to the group surrounding him.

It's been five years, and his grief is still fresh as the day it happened. Whether what he's feeling is denial or hope, he still is optimistic that there's a way to get Sarah and everyone back.