ii. Chapter 41: "I lost Every one,"

Sarah glances around the familiar room, the room were they not only froze her and Bucky, but also wiped their memories. The memory of their pain-filled screams succumbing her thoughts.

A voice comes over the intercoms, "If it's any comfort, they died in their sleep," causing them all to look further into the room and into the cryogenic pods, each one had bullet holes, "Did you really think I wanted more of you?"

"What the hell?" Bucky questions passing by one of them,

"I'm grateful to them though, They brought you here," A light flickered on in the far side of the room. Tony aimed his laser, while Steve, without hesitation throws his shield toward Zemo, It bounces right off the steel door,

The lights throughout the facility flickers on, "Please, Captain," He comments in amusement, "The Soviets built this chamber to withstand the launch blast of UR 100 rockets,"

"I'm betting I can teleport in there and get this all over with," She states playing with one of her daggers trying to Intimidate him.

"And I'm betting I can just beat that," Tony calls sharply making his way closer to the re-enforced steel wall.

"Oh, I'm sure you both could get in here, given time, but then you'll never know why you came,"

"You killed innocent people in Vienna just to bring us here?" Steve's eyes narrows darkly as he strode closer to the door. Hearing their conversation, T'Challa pauses in the doorway. He stares ahead wondering where this was going.

"I thought about nothing else for over a year. I studied you, I followed you," Zemo hisses, "But now that you are standing here, I just realized... There's a bit of green in the blue of your eyes...How nice to find a flaw,"

"He's Sokovian," She replies.

Steve looks to Sarah in realisation, "Is that what this is about?" He questions narrowing his eyes.

     " Sokovia was a failed state long before you blew it to hell." Zemo answers matching Steve's gaze, "No. I'm here because I made a promise," he finishes,

Steve's brow stiffens slightly beneath his helmet. He knows now what's driven Zemo to do the things he's done, 'there's nothing like love to fuel vengeance' Steve thinks, his attention turning towards Sarah, then back at the glass wall shielding Zemo, "You've lost someone," Steve says in realization.

In deep hatred, Zemo snarls, "I've lost everyone,"

Zemo's eyes go from Bucky to Sarah, "And so will you," Zemo turns his head. He glances down at a button. When he touches the computer beside Sarah turns on, She glances over at it sharply, frowning slightly as she read the words on the screen, '16 Декабрь 1991', it read. It's the same date he wanted when he turned Bucky and Sarah into their Hydra counter parts.

"An empire topple by its enemies can rise again. But one which crumples from within..." Steve glances at Zemo, "that's dead... forever," Zemo finishes.

Tony had moved closer to get look at the screen, his helmet retracting into his suit getting a better look.

He frowns, his voice trembling as he says, "I know that road,"

"What is this?!" He shouts sharply at Zemo, his jaw clenches, a car spins into frame crashing into a tree. Two motorcycles drive into Frame and stops a few feet away from the accident.

It's easy to tell that one of the riders is male and the other is female based on their figures

It's easy to tell that one of the riders is male and the other is female based on their figures. There was a sense of dread that began to settle in Tony's stomach as he watched the male and female bikers climb off their motorcycles and made there way to the car.