IV. Chapter 82: "You can save them all, Kal"

"Strike that wall,"

Kal listens to Jor-el, the wall crumbles. By the time Kal steps through, Jor-el is peering down at the unconscious Sarah dressed in her usual Amazonian Armor. Though to Kal it looks strange.

"Who is she?" Kal ask his biological father.

"Her name is Sarah Rogers,"

"How did she get here? Did Zod capture her?"

"She came on this ship willingly. I'm sure she did not realize the atmospherics was incompatible to humans,"

"Why is she still asleep?"

"I'm assuming Zod is keeping her in this state after seeing what she's capable of," Jor-el continues, "It's strange, she has the ability to teleport anywhere she wishes,"

"How do you know this?"

"The mind prob is recording everything she sees, there's nowhere her past can hide...and It seems Zod chose one memory, in particular, to torment her with. She's watching her family and friends Parrish over and over again,"

"Wake her up," Kal says sternly

Jor nods, "I can try,"

༻✦༺

Sarah's Mindscape, Black Zero

Wakanda

Sarah smiles at the gauntlet in her hands, she finally succeeded with what she meant to do months ago. On the other hand, before she could snap her fingers, her eyes open Abruptly. The scenery changes, she's no longer in Wakanda.

"No," she cries, "I almost had him,"

"It wasn't real," Kal says, "Zod was just trying to get in your head,"

"Well, it worked," she spits having the urge to place her head in her hands, that's when she realized she was restrained, bringing back horrible memories from her days with Hydra.

She teleports out of the restraints, now standing across from Kal and Jor-el, "who are you people, are you with him?" She looks them up and down, "You sure dress like him," she finishes referring to General Zod, and the pair of Khryptonians seems to understand who she'stalking about.

"Kal 'is' from the same planet as General Zod," Jor-el informs, "Before krypton was destroyed he was sent to earth in a pod to ensure his survival,"

"I grew up in Kansas," Kal adds,

"And what about you?" She questions. Not once did Jor-el mention anything about himself.

" I am the mere consciousness of Jor-el, Jor-El was Kal-el's father,"

"So...artificial intelligence? Yeah, I've had my fair share of those," Sarah says sarcastically. "Question. What is this big bulky thing around my neck and how do I get it off?"

"It was to help you breathe, the breather is no longer needed...Kal?" Jor-el gestures for Kal  to remove the device.

Sarah eyes Kal's hand as he steps closer, she staggers back, "it's alright," Kal whispers gently. She allows his hand to grip the device, it falls to the floor, "I could've done that myself," Sarah remarks, now staring into Kal's eyes. Kal does the same, "I'm not denying it," Kal responds with a small smile.

Jor-el clears his artificial throat, "We need your help, Ms. Rogers. Your abilities will be beneficial to save the earth,"

Sarah turns her attention away from Kal, "What are we up against?"

"General Zod plans to use this ship to terraform earth, make it, Krypton," he turns to Kal, "I told Lois what she has to do to stop him,"

"Great. Know can we get off this bloody ship, so I can save the earth. Again,"

"I will lead you to a pod," The door to the room opened with the flick of Joe-el's hand.

"What about Kal?" His name rolls off of Sarah's tongue.

"He has his own methods, come Sarah. We must hurry,"

Sarah followed Jor-el through the maze of corridors. She stops when she sees a window leading out to space, "This is a bloody joke...we're in space?"

"Ms. Rogers there is no time,"

"Yeah..." She mumbles trailing off. Sarah drags herself into the pod chamber. There was only one left, she guesses that one's hers.

"Secure yourself inside the last pod," Sarah steps in a finds her seat.

"I preset the coordinates, should be a safe landing, Kal will meet you there,"

"This is the last pod?" She questions thinking about Kal, "Wait, Should be safe?" Before he could answer the pod doors closes, she lets out a scream feeling a steep drop.

༻✦༺

"Is it true what Zod said about the codex?" Kal asks turning to Jor-el. It seems like he never left, but nearly he projected his consciousness to multiple parts of the ships.

"Strike that panel," Jor-El orders, The wall leads out into space.

"We wanted you to learn what it meant to be human first," Jor-El explains, "so that one day, when the time was right, you could be the bridge between two peoples,"

He looked out towards the earth.

"Look," he says.

Kal turns his head towards the escape pod, "Sarah," He says after scanning the capsule, "Where's Lois?" Kal questions in concern. "She is fine, her pod landed somewhere in Kansas,"

Kal nods his head in relief.

"You can save them all, Kal," Kal takes a final glance at his father, before floating into space.