V. Chapter 108: "Hail Hydra"

Sarah began fidgeting with the metal cuffs connecting her to the chair. She smiles, knowing she can easily break free. Assuming they also have Martha somewhere, in a different room, she had to make it look like the power dampener was working for ALL her powers. Though she wouldn't call what's in her blood, powers. They're apart of her.

The door creaks open. Sarah's head perks up. When she see's who's stepping forward her eyes widen. Sarah swallows the lump in her throat. 'How is he here?" she thought.

     "You know my face?" He questions when he sees her expression.

     "I never forget a face," She spits.

He begins to lean forward, now inches away from her ear, "Hail Hydra," he whispers.

Her eyes widen. Anatoli back up as he smiles, "Lex told me to say that...He said you'll know what it means,"

Anatoli places a clock on the table, it's already counting down, "That's how long your boyfriend has to save you...and his mother,"

She looks away from the clock, her expression turns dark, "Where's Martha?"

     "You know, I don't think the alien can take on the batman, not when he has...kryptonite," Anatoli changes the subject.

     "Kryptonite?" She questions taking his bait.

     "You don't know?"He questions slowly. Her silence made his smile grow, "With it, Batman will kill him...feel that collar around your neck, its laced with Kryptonite,"  he whispers, his Russian accent echoes through her head.

༻✦༺

Batman stands underneath his Bat-signal, Rain hitting his heavily armor suit. He stares up at the night sky awaiting Superman.

Lightning strikes in the darkness Now revealing superman, who's floating above.

They glare at each other.

Superman lands, making a crater in the concrete.

     "Well, here I am," Batman says mockingly.

Superman stands up straight, "Bruce, please. I was wrong, You have to listen to me," He begs trying to close the distance, but as he starts moving close Batman backs up.

Batman smiles, when Superman steps on his conceal device. He just fell for Batman's trap. Sonic emitters arose up on either side of superman, "Lex wants us-" he was ultimately cut off by the loud high pitch noises.

He's frozen in place, Not wanting to succumb to the pain, Superman looked for a way out. He spots a manhole beneath him, lifting the cover, Superman used his strength to split it in two. One piece is thrown to his right, and the other to his left. After the devices power down, Superman resumes his march towards batman.

     "You don't understand...There's no time!"

Now inches away from each other, "Oh, I understand-" Batman says.

Superman pushes him back one-handedly. When he sees that Batman's down he begins walking towards him. The ground he steps on sinks. A quad of torrents begin firing ammo in his direction.

Fed up, Superman took to the sky. He unleashes his heat vision at the torrents. The heat causing them to explode. His heat vision powers down, though there's still a slight red glow when his eyes find Batman, grunting to his feet.

Batman breathes in and out heavily, his anger rising with each step Superman takes towards him. This time Batman doesn't make a move to reach, he just stands there waiting to see what Superman does, and what he does shocks the dark knight.

Superman picks him up by his armored plate and throws him. Batman lands a few feet away on his stomach, when he turns his head Superman is already in front of him. Without warning superman grabs him once more, this time flying him through a building. The come threw through, Superman hovers above the bat-signal for a few seconds before tossing the Bat of Gotham into it.

The knight gets a good view from the ground from where he lands on the ledge. His breathing quickly calms when he stabilizes himself.

The man of steal watches Batman slowly stand, "Stay down!" He yells stepping closer, "If I wanted it, you'd be dead already,"

With the sound of a click, Batman pulls A smoke and cover grenade from his utility belt and tosses it towards superman. It lands at his feet, when it disperses smoke it gives the Bat enough time to pull out his grenade-launcher.

Superman grabs the smoke grenade thinking it could do no harm, but he wrong. The smoke grenade was laced with krytotonite. He soon struggled to breath. Superman falls to his knees, he ultimately feels weaker now.

     "Breath it in," Batman coax stepping closer, "That's fear...You're not brave," He realizes, Superman surges with anger, he musters up enough strength to throw a punch. In his weak state however, Batman blocks his fist with his forearm.

     "Men are brave," Batman says, Superman's eyes widen. He stares confusingly at the placement his arm is in. He thought it would be a direct hit to the Dark knights face.

Batman easily blocks every punch Superman throws, head butting him in the process. After the blow Superman involuntarily takes a step back. In his daze, superman gets another fist to his face then a knee in his stomach. The Dark knight jabs Kal in his throat with an elbow, Kal chokes on his breath. Without warning Bruce sends a kick to Superman chest, sending kal into the roofs protruding skylight.