V. Chapter 101: "Tell me...Do you bleed?"

Batcave

Gotham City, New Jersey

The portal disappears, along with Barry. At some point, Bruce must've passed out because he wakes again with a start.

Papers were still flying around him. He blinks a couple of times turning his attention back to his computer, he types In, 'WHITE PORTUGUESE,' trailing the mouse over the incoming images.

He leans forward.

"The 'White Portuguese' is not a man. It's a ship," Bruce says now standing in the presence of Alfred, who's working on Batman's Bat-Mobile.

"Master Wayne," Alfred begins, turning his attention to the car, "Since the age of seven, you have been to the opposite of most of the heart scene. But you had never been too hot of lying to me, The White Portuguese isn't carrying a dirty bomb. What is it carrying?" He now faces Bruce.

"It's a weapon. It's a rock. A mineral, Capable of weakening Kryptonian cells. The first cell is big enough to turn up in Indian Ocean three months ago. It is now aboard the White Portuguese being delivered to Lex Luthor who I'm going to steal it from him,"

"To keep it out of Luthor's hands...To destroy it," Alfred assumes, hopefully.

Bruce gave a small shake of his head, "No," he replies simply.

Alfred steps closer, "You're going to a war,"

"That son of a b*tch brought the war to us." Bruce said, firmly. "Two years ago. Jesus Alfred. Count the dead. Thousands of people...what's next? Millions? He has the power to wipe out the entire human race and if we believe there is even a one percent chance that he is our enemy, we have to take it as an absolute certainties. We have to destroy it."

"Where is this coming from?...he is not our enemy," Alfred reasons.

"How many good guys are left? Alfred" Bruce challenges. "How many 'stayed' that way?" he pauses waiting for an answer, but none came, "I saw something today. I don't understand it yet, but I know it has to do with superman," Bruce concludes With that, leaving Alfred to his thoughts.

༻✦༺

Clark and Sarah's apartment

Metropolis, Delaware

Clark's keys hit the lock. He basically drags himself into their apartment after opening the door. Sarah sees his demeanor, "Everything alright?" She asks.

The polaroid pictures that were once in his hand, now scattered on the kitchen table. Sarah spots the photographs that read, 'Freedom' and 'Justice', instantly.

Sarah's eyes widen. She looks up at Clark.

Shaking her head she says, "This isn't justice

Shaking her head she says, "This isn't justice."

Sarah and Clark were in agreement.

༻✦༺

Thunder boomed, Rain heavily pours down on this dark night. Lois waits under a structure, tightening her jacket, trying to keep out the cold.

"I don't have a halo over me, Mr. Secretary," she begins, spotting the person she was looking for, "I went into the desert, people died. It keeps me awake. It should,"

Lois holds out the bullet, "If you think Sarah and Superman are murders then throw it away. But, I don't believe you think that,"

"I don't," Swanwick says simply, "I will do as you ask, Lois. But you will speak to no one, But Sarah and Clark about my true identity,"

"Your secret is safe with us, I promise,"

༻✦༺    

The Bat-Mobile makes a sharp turn. Batman expects an empty alleyway, but finds two figures standing in the way.

It's Freedom and Superman.

Superman's red cape flew in the breeze. Both, Freedom and Superman held somber expressions while looking inside the Bat-mobile.

Instead of moving out of the way, Superman let the vehicle to smash into him. it was then that the Bat-mobile crashes into a structure just behind them.

Superman steps towards the Bat-mobile, Ignoring the crackling fire. He pulls off the Bat-mobile's roof with ease. Freedom appears next to Superman, Batman switches his gaze to her.

"You think branding a person makes you a hero? You're in for a real surprise," Batman slowly stands, giving them both a straight forward expression.

"Next time they shine your light in the sky...Don't go to it. The Bat is dead, Bury it," he warned him, "Consider this mercy,"

"Tell me...Do you bleed?"

The atmosphere was intense, like if at any moment a fight would break out between them. Sarah's hand gently brushes against Clark's, A reminder that they didn't come here to fight.

Superman turns away, shooting off like a bullet straight up towards the night sky. Sarah follows teleporting to their apartment.

With his impeccable hearing, Superman could hear Batman's brooding voice mumble, "You will," in a harsh tone.

༻✦༺

Clark and Sarah's Apartment

Metropolis, Delaware

Sarah, Sitting quietly on the couch. Her and Clark have yet to say anything about their confrontation with the Batman. Clark's busy pacing the floor in anger.

"You can't bleed, right?" Sarah asks the only question on her mind.

Clark sits next to Sarah. Grabbing her free hand and rubs small soothing circles on the back of her hand, in order to relieve some of the stress she's feeling.

"Not that I know of,"

He listens to her calming heartbeat,"You don't have to worry about me," He concludes.

Sarah smiles, "I love you. That means I 'have' to worry about you," Clark sighs after she says this. He knows she hasn't had the best dealings with the ones she loves, so he understands where her worry is coming from.

༻✦༺

LexCorp Research Park

Metropolis, Delaware

The Truck Beeps as it backs up, barely holding it self together after the battle against Batman. The whole back half no longer had a roof, but the cargo made it to Lex Luther, nonetheless.

Lex steps close to his, now, most prized possession. The case is opened and the object within illuminates with a green glow.

As he leans in closer the glow from the green kryptonite lights up his face.

Lex smiles, 'My plan is finally in motion,' he thought.