V. Chapter 94: "Love, She'll grumble without it,"

Once the conference was over Lex led the Senator's to the main entrance. Instead of following June Finch our, Senator Barrow stops in the middle of the basketball court. He turns around and faces Lex, "There are ways we can help each other," Senator Barrow says.

There was hesitation in his face as he says, "Can you step into my office, here?" He gestures the Senator to a seat. Once settled, Lex claps his hands, "Yes,"

     "What's your wish list?" Barrow asks,

Lex pulls out a bag of jolly ranchers, taking one. " Uh. Access to the wreck of the crashed Kryptonian ship?" What he desires comes off more like a question.

Barrow shrugs and says "Done,"

Lex continues by saying, "The complete remains of the dead alien for testing,"

     "You want Zod's body?" Senator Barrow questions,

     "Okay," Lex says going along with what Barrow asked.

༻✦༺

Fortress of Solitude

Metropolis, Delaware

Lex eyes his hand where he can clearly see the newly plastered finger prints. He places that said hand, shakily into the cooling liquid located on the center of the entrance leading to the archives.

A couple seconds pass and the door unhinges vertically. There, a Kryptonian helper bot hovers, as if it sensed Lex's presence and awaited his arrival. Lex studied it's movement before following the strange creature. It lead Lex exactly where he wanted to be.

He came to a full stop, just before the floor falls into some fluid. Lex slowly crawls into the water, careful not to get his whole body wet.

The Water reaches his knees, surely that's enough for him.

His eyes land on the machine in the center of the chamber. The water, now up to his thighs as he steps closer towards it. He reaches for the Key still lodge halfway in.

Lex pulls the Key out, Examining it. As soon as he put the Key the correct way it was drawn in like a magnet. Once again the Key wasn't all the way in, causing lex to place his palm onto the panel.

In that moment, the device is activated. A golden light emerges from the water, illuminating Lex's face.

     "Welcome,"

     "Welcome,"

     "Welcome,"

     "Welcome,"

Distorted robotic voices rang out through the speakers, alerting Lex.

     "Welcome," Finally a clear, female voice rang true, "Analysis reveals ship operating at 37% efficiency,"  The intelligence informs.

Lex slowly removes his hand, "Would you like to assume command?" it asks.

He continues to eye the control key as he whispers, "Yes, I would," When he got no reply Lex clears his throat,  "Yes, I would," he says once more this time with a more firmer tone.

     "Very well. Let's begin." The A.I. responds.

      "The Kryptonian archive contains knowledge and memories from over a hundred thousand different worlds,"