𝐈𝐈𝐈. Chapter 59: "Sarah says it is on it's way,"

Avenger Compound

Upstate New York

     "Damn the Accords right now, sir!" Rhodes argues with Thaddeus Ross, "Tony's gone, and we have no support to hold these monsters back. We need to call in some reinforcements,"

Ross grunted in disappointment, "Still any word from Vision?"

Rhodes sighs in aggravation, "Satellites lost him somewhere over Edinburgh. Haven't gotten a signal from him since," He states.

     "On a stolen quinjet with four of the world's most wanted criminals,"

     "Five, I think Sarah's with them now too,"

In frustration, "Great just great, It's been two years," Ross says.

     "You know, they're only criminals because you've chosen to call them that, right, sir?"

     "My God, Rhodes. Your talent for horsesh*t rivals my own,"

      "If it weren't for those accords, Vision would've been right here," Rhodes says.

     "I remember your signature on those papers, Colonel," Ross countered, walking over towards Rhodes.

     "I believe I almost paid for that. If it wasn't For Sarah or Sam I might not be standing here today," Rhodes replies,

     "Do you have second thoughts?"

     "Not anymore,"

Rhodes hears the sound of footsteps approaching, he smiles softly at the sight of his old friends.

Steve steps forward, "Mr. Secretary," Steve says coldly to the hologram.

Ross looks them up and down before scoffing in disbelief when his eyes land on Sarah, "You got some nerve, Redstar. I'll give you that,"

Sarah smiles, "It's Sarah," She replies sternly, "Mr. Secretary. And it looks like you could use some of that nerve,"

     "Ah," Ross gestures between the Father-Daughter duo, moving his gaze to Steve, "The world's on fire, and you think all is forgiven?"

     "Forgiveness? No, I'm not looking for forgiveness," Sarah says, her father cuts in, "Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too,"

Ross turns his head towards Rhodey, "Arrest them,"

     "All over it," With one swift movement with his hand, Rhodes terminated the hologram and faced the group. Rhodes smiled softly as he held his hand out to shake Steve's hand, "Great to see you, Cap,"

     "You too," Steve replies with a small smile before Rhodey turned his attention to Natasha, giving her a small hug.

     "I didn't forget about you Sarah, come here," Sarah smiles stepping towards Rhodes. She is sent into his strong embrace, "Thank you," he whispers in her ear.