IV. Chapter 78: "Someday Everything will make sense"

Queen Hippolyta and Sarah make there way out of the infirmary. Sarah manages to cover her eyes just in time to block the rays from the beaming sunset.

They pass by a group of Amazons, whispering amongst themselves. Sarah held their stares until they continue along.

Queen Hippolyta sends a glance her way, "They look at you so, because they have never seen anyone come to be on themyscira, as you did,"

Another three Amazonian's pass them and they too stare intensely. Sarah then noticed something. Of all the inhabitants on this island, she hasn't seen one male.

     "Where are the men?" She questions.

     "There are no men here,"

Sarah stops and takes in the view of the shoreline, "so, this is an island full of woman?" She asks.

     "Yes," Queen Hippolyta replies simply.

     "If I was a man would I have been given the same hospitality?"

     "-The last time a man set foot on our shores, we were attacked-"

     "By the man?" She says slowly,

     "No. There were men who came after him, He called them german's,"

Sarah stops in her tracks, "German's?" She questions, 'what are the odds they're apart of Hydra?'

     "You've heard of them?"

      "I think everyone has heard of german's, but not all of them are bad, I just know the bad ones," Hippolyta wills for Sarah to continue, "An organization known as Hydra kidnapped me when I was young. Trained me, brainwashed me, it was only a couple of years ago that I finally was aware of what I was doing,"

    "I'm sorry you had to go through that," Queen Hippolyta sympathizes.

     "Someday everything will make sense...even this," Sarah gestures toward the beautiful island of themyscira.

They come across a hill overlooking an open field, "what's this?" Sarah questions,

     "It's where we train,"

Grunts and the clashing of swords could be heard from the distance. Sarah watches closely as the arrow lodges into a wooden target.

     "You said you know how to fight? show me what you can do,"

Queen Hippolyta's eyes narrowed towards the training field. Sarah shrugs, taking a leap of the cliff, figuring it was a cool way to get onto the field.

Gasps could be heard all around her, Sarah smiles in amusement when she stands, "Who'd like to go first?"

A woman steps forward, gripping a spear in her hand. Sarah's back is toward her. The Amazonian lifts the spear and throws it in her direction.

Sarah quickly turns and catches it, "Thanks for the weapon," Sarah remarks, Spinning the spear.

The Amazonian warrior takes a step back, looking up to Hippolyta, now seeing Menalippe standing next to her.

Sarah raises an eyebrow towards the bow and arrows by the cliff's wall. She smiles holding both her hands out towards them, within seconds they teleport into her hands. All the amazon's on the field, besides Hippolyta, draws in a deep breath.

Sarah aims three of the arrows at the wooden target, one by one they hit the center, "She's remarkable," Menalippe mumbles in astonishment.

      "She got her training from German's"

      "German's!" Menalippe spits, Hippolyta grips her arm to stop Menalippe from starting a scene,

Queen Hippolyta continues to say, "She was kidnapped as a child,"

Menalippe calms, "Then She is fortunate to have found themyscira," her attention turns back to Sarah.

༻✧༺

Debbie Sue

Alaska, USA

Clark finishes loading the metal fishnet, He spots a stray rope and goes to pick it up when the crane lifting another fishnet breaks loose. One fisherman quickly pushes Clark out of the way.

     "Watch it, idiot! Keep your eyes open or you're gonna get squashed, " He scolds gibing Clark his hand," "Where the hell did they find you, Greenhorn?" He questions getting Clark to his feet.

The captain comes on the loudspeaker "Gentlemen and lady, secure the deck, we just got a distress call from a rig due west of us. Secure the deck!"

Clark listens carefully to the announcement.

A helicopter flies overhead, Clark follows it and his eyes land on

and heading towards an oil rig with smoke and fire coming out from it.

She heard Haraldson talking to the coast guard and it made his spine straighten for to take action as he mentally sighed on what she's going to have to do

     "All civilians, stand clear. Subsea valves failed and the rig is about to explode." The coast guard notified.

     "Roger, coast guard. What about the men left inside? Over,"

     "Forget 'em, they're dead," Clark's heart drops, He makes a quick decision to save the men on the oil rig.

     "Greenhorn, fetch me my binoculars," Haraldson says, "Greenhorn!" The captain calls once more, but again, there was no reply. Clark was long gone.

Inside the oil rig workers were all huddled up in a safe room, the exit surrounded by intense flames, "This is the last of the oxygen! I don't know how much longer we can hold out!" Clark could hear one of the Oil Rig workers say.

The metal door gets torn off its hinges as if it was nothing, but a piece of paper, emerging from the fire is Clark, unharmed by the flames. He quickly guides the workers to the helipad.

     "This is Coast Guard Sixty five-ten we're going to make one last pass then we're getting out of here,"

The worker's spot the Helicopter, continuing their brisk ascent.

      "Wait. Wait, I got some guys on the Helipad," The pilot quickly brings the Helicopter around.

The Oil Rig workers eagerly wait by the stairs till the Helicopter lands. The Coast Guard officer leads the men into the copter, Awaiting Clark who just stands there. A screech catches Clark's attention, He waits underneath the drill seeming to know what's going to happen.

     "Get that last guy loaded we have got to go,"

     "Hey, let's go. What are you doing?!" Clark takes one last glance at the officer. Ignoring the pleading calls, He uses all his strength to hold up the drill.

The Coast Guard officer watches in bewilderment for a brief second, "Go. Go," He orders the pilot.

The Helicopter barely passes freely.

Soon, The Bright Aurora collapses on top of him, Driving Clark into the sea.