The Stableboy

"He allows you to call him by his first name then?"

Taehyung nodded, and he smiled as if he were amused by my oblivion.

"He prefers it actually. But he does want respect. He is a millionair after all."

I gulped harshly, remembering again that I was going to work in the house of one of the richest men in the country. I did not want this man on my bad side. I wanted to do well for him, but at the same time I was terrified. What if his clock was completely uncompatible with mine? It was true I found myself getting along with Taehyung even though our clocks didn't match, but I feared this was an unordinary thing.

"Please, Taehyung," I begged as I neared the groundskeeper. "Could you tell me more about Mister Park? What is he like? What does he like?"

Taehyung's lips perked up, the mentioning of his master making his expression soft and dreamy, like the expression Namjoon and Jin carried when they looked at each other.

"Jimin is a strong man," Taehyung started, a content smile on his face as if he were invisioning an angel. "He knows what he wants. He keeps his heart sheltered, and he's careful about who he lets into his life."

The groundskeeper's mind seemed to wander off as he spoke. "As for what he likes... he likes to test people, he likes playing games until he sees your true colours and decides what he wants from you... and then he takes it."

Taehyung sighed deeply. "And you let him," he continued after a moment. "Because he has this soul you can't help but cherish."

The man's piercing eyes shifted to me and he smirked.

I already knew I was looking at him as if he was crazy again. My face flushed. "I'm sorry," I whispered, sitting down on the bed to take Taehyung's words in.

The groundskeeper shook his head dimissively, and my heart sped up when he sat down next to me.

"You will see for yourself once you meet him."

I sighed, not feeling that much more assured.

"But don't be too intimidated," Taehyung added upon seeing my dispair. "If he likes you, he'll have mercy."

I slowly turned my head to the groundskeeper.

"That makes me feel a lot better..."

"It does?"

"N-no... I was being sarcastic... sorry."

A grin crept onto Taehyung's face and he slapped my back hard enough for me to lose my breath a little.

"You're funny velike oči! I knew you had some spice in you."

My lips parted to speak but the right words were lost to me.

Taehyung suddenly grabbed both my hands and swiftly pulled me off the bed, making me stand close enough to him for our chests to touch.

We stood in the middle of the room, breathing the same air though I didn't feel uncomfertable in the slightest.

"It's time I give you a proper tour velike oči..." Taehyung said, his rich voice calming me down, taking my clock and slowing it again. "You must feel like a needle in a haysack..."

My brows twitched into a frown and I couldn't help but question him. "I think you mean a different saying..."

Taehyung cocked his head to the side and gave me a confused look, our breaths still blending into one with the small distance between us.

I felt like I was losing my sanity. It wasn't my fault that there was this pull between us, was it? Was I imagening this tension? Taehyung held my wrists rather tightly but I wanted his grip to be firmer. Our chests were brushing together but I wanted our lips to do the same. I looked down, feeling my eyes burn when a voice in my head reminded me that these feelings were a curse and nothing more. These desires were filthy. I felt horrible for harbouring them.