As If He Owned The World

Jimin rose from his chair, his blanket falling from his body and puddling onto the ground.

The millionaire seemed entranced, the telegram dropping from his drooped fingers as he carried himself towards a cabinet in a corner of the library.

"J-Jimin?" I asked, glancing at the telegram that lay abandoned on the floor.

I picked it up, frowning as I read it.

"A... a new learning opportunity?"

Jimin opened the cabinet, and when I looked up, my eyes widened at what I saw.

Bottles of all kinds of alcoholic beverages. Scotch, wine, whiskey, brandy, the variety of drinks only bars usually possessed.

"You are excused tesoro," Jimin said monotonely, grabbing a glass and a bottle of vodka as if he were a man dying of thirst and only the intoxication of alcohol could save him.

I shook my head, disagreeing with what I was seeing though I was unable to stop it. I simply stood there, watching the millionaire as he emptied the glass and pressed his eyes shut at the way the liquid burned his throat.

"Jimin..." I said quietly, feeling like I was powerlessly watching a ship sail towards pointy cliffs that would soon tear it apart.

"Go away Jungkook," Jimin hissed, filling yet another glass and treating me like I was just some servant. Just some stranger he hadn't even spoken to before.

The man jiggled his head, the alcohol gradually starting to work on his brain.

He reached for the rum next, not even bothering to fill the glass as he drank straight from the bottle, cocking his head back and gulping the alcohol down as if it were water.

"Fuck off," he said after taking a moment to breath, wiping away some of the spilled rum on his mouth. The boy pointed at the door with unfocused eyes. "Just fucking leave."

I could only blink, every muscle in my body refusing to walk out of that library.

How could I abandon a drowning man? How could I walk away when he was silently crying out for me to stay?

I looked at Jimin, trying to find a glimpse of the man he was when Taehyung and I were around him. When he was witty and blunt and smart, and so shamelessly seductive it made me think he was so much more than just a simple man.

But the millionaire wasn't any of those things at the moment. He was breaking himself, and I still did not understand why.

"Get out Jungkook!" Jimin yelled, making me flinch when he angrily stomped his foot against the ground, rum spilling from the bottle and dripping over his hand to the floor. "Get out or I'll fucking fire you!"

I gulped, my heart ripping a little, starting to bleed underneath my chest at the millionaire's words.

I truly, never meant to leave him. What I promised him in his room was honest. But I needed this job... I needed this home. I couldn't be on my own again.

So I scurried away, my head hanging low, weighed down by the guilt and regret I felt the moment my feet moved.

--

I'd been sitting by the door of the library for a little less than an hour, unsure of what to do as I had my head buried between my knees.

I hoped Taehyung would soon come back from the city. I hoped he would help me protect Jimin from himself since I failed to do it on my own. I wished upon all the stars in heaven that the millionaire wouldn't leave the containment of the library. That he would stay safe and surrounded by his books until he'd pass out and I could gently take him to his bed.

𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐬 | VMINKOOK✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara