An Empty Space

Dreams. I had always found them peculiar things.

Sometimes I found myself wishing I could remember the forgotten ones, and sometimes I wished I would never have a certain dream again.

I knew there were times when one's wildest dreams could come true. But I also knew there were moments, though the most often ones, when a dream would always stay just that. A dream.

I wondered that day, if perhaps that was the kind of dream I'd been having for around four years now. If I had been trying to grow a flower that couldn't bloom, in a dream that could never come true.

--

I was lifelessy standing in the entrance hall. The day was so young that the sun had barely awoken, yet I was there,  wearing just my underwear as I stared at the giant front door of the house.

Around me were the many birthday decorations I'd made the maids hang up for Jimin. Flags, flowers, and ribbons hanging from the ceiling creating a colourful display. Something that was meant to mirror the festive mood the house was supposed to be in.

I didn't blink. I didn't move. I just stood still until my eyes began to burn, the ticks of the great clock in the entrance hall keeping me company as I was completely on my own.

Or so I thought.

"Jungkook?"

Namjoon's voice didn't perk my ears at first. It was only when he placed his hand on my shoulder that I turned my head to look at him, a stoic expression on my face when I saw the footman smiling at me.

"What are you doing here half-naked?" Jin laughed, standing next to Namjoon as he eyed me up and down.

"Is Jimin awake already?" Namjoon asked, giving my shoulder a squeeze before letting go.

I nodded, edging my lips. "He... he went to the garden. He's taking a walk."

Jin's smile showed a hint of relief. "That's good. What did he say about the decorations? You worked so hard on them I'm sure he loved it."

I only blinked at first, my eyes glazing with tears though I nodded again, trying my best to widen my smile. "He did..." I said. "He thought it looked wonderful..."

Namjoon grinned, his sweet dimples showing. "I'm glad about that Jungkook, let's all surprise him when he gets back and sing happy birthday together."

Jin gasped in excitement. "Yes! I will go get the others! They'll probably be grumpy about getting up so early but..."

Namjoon rolled his eyes. "They would've had to get up at this hour if they had actual jobs anyway so-"

"Velike oči?"

Taehyung stood at the top of the stairs, looking at me with his eyes half-closed and just like me, in only his underwear.

"Morning Tae," Namjoon greeted brightly.

Taehyung gave the footman a curt nod.

"Where is Jimin?" He asked, his expression as dull as mine as he waited for me to answer.

"He went to the garden," Namjoon replied for me when I didn't.

Taehyung stayed standing at the top of the stairs, staring only at me. "Did he tell you that? Did you see him go there?"

Namjoon and Jin's gazes fell on me, the added weight of their stares making me nausious as I wasn't strong enough to carry them. "Yes he told me," I said quietly.

I gulped, my eyes burning into the door. "He'll be back any minute now you'll see."

The two footmen shifted their gaze up to Taehyung, who pursed his lips, breathing in deeply through his nose before speaking.