Cursed Men

I did as Yoongi said even though I wanted to tell him that the footmen were supposed to set the table, not me. The ravenhaired man scared me, and not just because he was cursed, so I stayed quiet and obeyed.

Like a stringpuppet I returned to the kitchen, mustering up the confidence to ask Yoongi if I was to bring mister Park his dinner now.

"No, Taehyung already did. Jimin's too tired to meet you right now. Introductions can wait until tomorrow."

A small weight dropped from my shoulders. Thank god. I didn't think I had it in me to meet the millionaire right now. This day had already drained me enough.

Another person walked into the kitchen right after Yoongi had spoken, but it was a man I hadn't met yet. The stranger wore a white coat and an apron, and he walked up to Yoongi with a big smile that brightened the place up immediatly.

"Doesn't it smell amazing?" He said as he placed his hands on Yoongi's waist, resting his chin on the man's shoulder to check the soup.

Yoongi's earlier, harsher demeanor softened, and he almost seemed to blush.

The stranger placed a gentle kiss against Yoongi's neck before leaning away, slapping the ravenhaired's ass with a mischievious smirk.

"Looking good sugar," he chuckled, before finally sparing me a look.

"Ah, the new butler right?" the cook asked as he reached out his hand. "Jung Hoseok. I'm the chef."

My eyes shifted from the man's face to his hand and then back up to his face, but before I could move a finger the chef already shook my hand firmly.

His time went fast, but not as fast as mine. Not even close. Unlike me, the man seemed to be able to keep up with it. Enjoying it, even. It was as if he had enough energy to make a thousand clocks spin. But I started to think the man only cared about one other clock apart from his own. The one that belonged to the kitchenhelp.

"Is he a foreigner Yoongi?" The man asked, as all I did was stare at him with my jaw dropped.

The chef gave me a good look up and down as he bit his lips. "They're always prettier when they're foreign aren't they?"

Yoongi rolled his eyes and huffed. "Oh do shut up. We're all still trying to forget how you attempted to fuck Tae. And this guy is not a foreigner. I think he's just mentally-defective."

I released an indignant breath, balding my fists at the insult to my intellect. It was true I wasn't the brightest but I wasn't a half-wit.

"My name is Jeon Jungkook... I am indeed the new butler," I said, straightening up a bit more and lifting my chin.

Hoseok's smile never left him. "Yes I heard you were coming. Just thought you'd be an adult though... how old are you? 16? 17?"

I swallowed thickly, blinking a bit more as I had trouble believing the man's words.

"I... I am I- an adult I..."

The chef laughed loudly as he clapped his hands, the sound piercing my ears.

"I was joking, don't worry. One thing you'll have to learn around here is not to take us all too seriously. Relax your shoulders, take a breath, and while you're at it, bring this bottle of wine to the table."

The chef pushed the bottle into my hands and I could barely register anything that was happening before I was turned around and received a tap against my butt.

I whimpered, scurrying off in complete overwhelm like fleeing prey.

This place... it was insane, I thought as I hurried towards the diningroom, only to come face to face with the men I feared most of all in this household.