Personal Affairs

I fidgeted with my fingers, holding my breath in an attempt to stop crying.

I wasn't the type of person to cry around other people. I never wanted to show much emotion around others at all. But I was conviced these men were going to kick me out of here anyway, so to hell with my reputation.

"Mister Jeon..." Namjoon said, sounding startled at my outburst.

I felt everyone's eyes burn into my skin like acid when they stared at me as if I was a fool.

"I-I'm s-sor-ry," I hicupped when tears kept flowing, my eyes screwed shut as I trembled under the pressure of everyone's attention.

The only sound in the room were my whimpers as I failed to collect myself. It had all piled up to be way too much. This new place, these new people, this new way of looking at everything I thought I knew.

"Well don't just stay silent and watch him you morons," I heard Jin say as he walked over to me.

The man crouched down beside my chair, but I didn't dare look at him.

"Is it okay if I give you a hug mister Jeon?" He asked me, sounding so kind and thoughtful it only made me cry more as I nodded.

The arms that wrapped around me were warm and big, and I felt bad for spilling my tears on Jin's uniform. Sobs escaped my lips, this feeling of acceptance one I hadn't felt since long before my parents died. A hug, something so simple, yet it unleashed emotions in me I had tried to bury for a long time.

Taehyung grabbed my hand as Jin hugged me, and he caressed it. "Velike oči... I'm sorry, we never meant to make you cry..."

"You seem like a nice boy kid," I heard Namjoon say, keeping his voice calm and gentle. "But... I'm not sure if this place is right for you... if us being the way we are makes you uncomfertable..."

Jin pulled back from the hug and wiped away my tears, smiling at me with care I didn't deserve for behaving so rudely.

"We won't change for you," Yoongi said. "If you stay you'll have to accept us."

My lips trembled, and I sniffed as my nose kept running. Jin chuckled sweetly at me, giving me a handkerchief from his pocket.

"We will respect your descision okay?" He said after I blew my nose. "No matter what you choose."

I nodded as I sniffed again.

The room was completely silent as the men waited for my answer.

These people were so kind, I realised as Jin's twinkeling eyes looked up at me. They were kind and they were good, but they had to be outcasts because of one simple thing.

They didn't deserve it... I found myself thinking. Who they were didn't revolt me... who they were didn't make me want to hurt them...

Carefully, I looked up at the men in the room. My eyes springing from Jin, to Namjoon, to Hoseok, to Yoongi, and finally to Taehyung.

"I wish to stay," I finally said after a while.

I watched as the men sent each other suprised glances.

"Are you sure you won't feel unsettled by us?" Jin asked with reasonable concern.

I nodded slowly, hoping the men would believe me.

"You can be your true selves..." I said quietly, my voice barely above a whisper. "I promise I won't mind it."

I gulped harshly as the men processed my answer.

Jin's lips slowly curled up at me like a proud parent.

"Then you can stay," he said, tapping my cheek before standing up to sit next to Namjoon again.