A Gentle Heart

"T-Taehyung? What happened to your face?"

My eyes ventured up and down the groundskeeper's body and I noticed him clenching a wet and dripping cloth in his hand.

The man chuckled as if what had happened to him was amusing.

"It is quite a funny story really..." he started as I pushed him backwards into the room, nearly causing him to stumble.

I forcefully sat the man down on his bed and his eyes lazily followed me as I snatched the wet cloth from his hand.

"You're hurt Tae," I said coldly, dabbing the cloth against his black eye and holding my breath when the man hissed and frowned. I turned hus head towards the light coming from the window to see the damage.

"I know," Taehyung said, and with the way the man turned his head back to look at me, I knew he was trying to make my concern disappear as if he didn't need it.

"Should I go get mister Park?" I asked, drops of water trailing down the groundskeeper's tainted skin

"No," the man said. "I checked up on him and he's sleeping, which is rare. I don't wish to wake him."

"But Tae-"

The groundskeeper grabbed my wrist, his eyes serious and expression grave.

"I said no, velike oči," he repeated sternly.

A moment passed before I nodded, my eyes burning when tears glazed over them.

Taehyung cocked his head at me and tried to make our eyes meet, his expression switching to panick within a second.

"Jungkook?"

"Who h-hurt you Tae?" I cried, becoming emotional as Jin and Namjoon's story still rested in the back of my mind. I hung my head low, the sight of Taehyung's blackened eye making my stomache revolt.

"W-why did they h-hurt-"

In one swift movement, the groundskeeper wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me forward, sitting me down on his lap so I had one leg on either side of him. My lips parted, and tears sprang from my puffy eyes.

"Why are you crying velike oči?" Taehyung asked me, his soft, rich voice graduadly settling me down. He slowly rubbed his hands over my legs to soothe me, and my face flushed from the close distance between us.

I had told myself not to fall into the man's charms. Not to drown in the way he made me feel like I was alive. But here I was... powerless, yet again.

I caught my lip between my teeth as Taehyung made my body heat up more and more. He made me so weak. He made the future I tried to keep imagening disappear from my mind as if it weren't even a possibility.

"I don't want to see you hurt..." I said quietly, taking a shuddering breath as Taehyung's hands kept running up and down my thighs. "You don't deserve to get hurt..."

Taehyung perked his lips up. "How do you know that?" He asked, crinkeling his eyes with a smile though it seemed to hurt.

I pouted, daring to look up at Taehyung again. "You... you have a good heart," I said, my breaths starting to weigh heavier as my lips remembered the way Taehyung could make me feel so good.

"A kind... sweet... gentle heart," I whispered, edging closer to the groundskeeper as my mind became foggy with desire.

I wrapped my arms around Taehyung's neck and brought us closer until we were breathing the same air and I saw his eyes darken. My gaze fell on the man's lips and I couldn't hold myself back from bridging the gap between us, taking the leap only to be stopped before our lips could touch.