Burning Fires In The Wind

All I could do was release a nervous chuckle that sounded pathetic.

I was a sheep standing in front of a wolf, powerless and submissive as this man was unlike any other I'd met before. There was something peculiar about him... something different.

"I... I mean that word you used sir..." I clarified, though part of me felt like the millionair had intentionally misunderstood me.

"T-tesoro?"

Mister Park scrunched his nose as if he cringed a little, but it didn't make me feel bad. He looked adorable.

"Well you butchered the accent but yes, that is what I said."

The man perked up his lips as if I had amused him, and as I waited for him to answer my question, something unnerving started tugging at my mind.

My brows twitched into a frown as I stared at the young man, trying to figure out why I couldn't read the pace of this man's clock like I could with most people.

I watched his behaviour around me, I listened to the way he spoke and the things he said but I couldn't figure it out...

I wanted to guess his clock ticked normally... but that didn't seem true either. His confidence wasn't as strong as he wanted me to believe. He was hiding something underneath... he was hiding his clock, but why?

"So you're to be my new butler," mister Park said, giving me a look up and down as the skin around his eyes tightened.

"My father did well at picking you... too bad you claim to be a ladiesman."

The man grabbed one of the strawberries that lay on his plate of breakfast, and brought it to his mouth.

"Did Tae tell you frightening stories about me?" He asked before taking a bite from the fruit, slowly licking the spilled juice from his lips. "You look like you're counting the seconds until you can flee."

I quickly shook my head, though I couldn't stop my gaze from falling from the man's eyes to his now pink tinted lips.

"He made you sound rather mysterious... and intimidating," I said, still failing to detect the ticks of this man's clock.

Mister Park giggled, shielding his face for a moment though I didn't believe he'd turned shy at all. It was more a laugh of joy than a nervous one.

"Do you think his description of me was wrong?"

"No," I said without fear, for some reason, graduadly becoming less nervous.

Mister Park hummed, sounding satisfied by my answer.

"Well," he said, resting his chin on the palm of his hand. "Soon enough you'll see I'm not nearly as enchanting as dear Tae makes me sound."

The young man looked away from me and fixed his eyes on nothing in particular. "He thinks too highly of me. I wish I could make him stop doing that."

"Why?" I asked, losing my shy nature as I became more intrigued by the gorgeous man on the bed.

The millionair looked suprised that I'd spoken, and straightened up as if he'd catched himself slipping. He innocently looked up at me, though the smirk that played along his lips didn't match his eyes.

"Some people don't deserve love tesoro," he said as he stood up, hanging the sheer fabric of his robe a little lower to expose more of his back.

Again my lips parted, and I understood what Taehyung had meant when he said mister Park liked to play games.

He was trying to distract me from seeing his vulnerability so soon, and I felt shameful to admit that his seductive tactics were working.

"You are a watchmaker's son, aren't you?" Mister Park asked, walking towards his drawers with his robe dragging behind him.