One Of God's Treasures

My eyes fled from mister Park's penitrating gaze and I tensed when I remembered the delicate kiss Taehyung had gifted me in the garden.

"I... I promise it won't happen again sir," I said quickly, feeling like I would faint if my heart started beating any faster.

Would mister Park be angry at me for kissing Taehyung? Would he fire me? It was true that Taehyung and mister Park weren't lovers, but was it possible to be intimiate with someone without sharing feelings?

I chewed on the inside of my lip, the thought of being fired from this place making me regret everything that happened after chasing Taehyung in the garden.

I braced myself, but Mister Park only smiled at me, bringing me a sense of security I didn't fully trust.

"Why would you promise me that tesoro?" The young man asked, innocently looking up at me with big eyes that nearly convinced me he truly wasn't upset.

"That... uniform isn't mine. It doesn't belong to me," he said, tucking some of his raven hair behind his ear.

I blinked at mister Park, not quite finding the words to answer him with. Technically the clothes were his, but I wasn't sure if the man was really talking about my attire when he spoke.

"If you and your uniform had fun I'm happy for you," the man said curtly, casually grabbing his book to open it again.

He brought his thumb to his mouth and started biting his nails, the clicking sound resonating through the large library.

"Though you do look like you've been through war..." he murmured as his mind fell deeper into his book and his content smile disappeared.

The young man looked worn out... exhausted even.

I found the boy's beauty didn't lie in his features alone. There was something entrancing about the air of melancholy that surrounded him. He was like the moon shining bright in a deep dark sky, or a single flower, blooming on a battlefield.

"You are excused tesoro," mister Park said, interrupting my dwindeling thoughts as he tore his attention away from the pages of his book.

He ordered me to leave, but his eyes were begging me to stay. The way he sat in that large chair, drowning in the thin blanket that covered him. He looked vulnerable, yet he was less exposed than the first time I met him. It made me feel like there were layers to the young millionair, and I'd succesfully peeled away the first one.

"Why do you call me tesoro sir?" I asked the man even though he'd told me to leave, the meaning of the italian nickname still a mistery to me.

Mister Park looked at me and parted his lips, obviously suprised that I had defied him.

He didn't get angry... but he didn't smile as before either. He loudly shut his book like the closing jaws of a predator and placed it on his lap, making me fear I had aggrivated him.

A tense silence took over the large library. And the young man sat like that for a moment until he spoke, completely ignoring my question.

"Do you like to read tesoro?" Mister Park asked, sounding genuinly curious.

I was taken aback my the question but answered nontheless. "I haven't read in a long time sir, but I used to tell my sister bedtime stories..."

Mister park looked up at me with sparkles in his brown eyes. "Really?" He asked like an eager child. "What kind of stories? Fairytails? Biblical stories? Myths? Legends? The ones with the courageous heroes?"

I blushed, finding the boy's sudden enthousiasm endearing. "My sister enjoys the ones about heroes sir," I answered with a careful smile.

Mister Park nodded as if he'd expected that answer. "I used to love those when I was a kid..." he said as he drooped again. "Though I read them by myself since my nanny couldn't read."