A Terrible Weight

"I guess he likes chocolate cake," Taehyung replied thoughtlessly as he painted, occasionally peeking at his new model, which was now a dying candle as the painting of Jimin and I had long been finished.

I rubbed my brow bone, sitting anxiously on a chair in Taehyung's atelier as I tried my best to plan Jimin's birthday celebration.

"No you like chocolate Tae. I think he might like red velvet the most... it's the only flavour that doesn't make him vomit right after eating it."

I wrote it down right away, moving on to the decorations for the ballroom when a shudder from the cold took me by surprise. Taehyung's atelier was freezing nearly just as much as it was outside, and I could see breath condense right before my eyes.

"Why couldn't you simply change my old room into your new atelier?" I mumbled quietly, warming myself up to my cup of tea as I tried to come up with more ideas for decorations.

"Because... If I make you as cold as possible," Taehyung said, adding a new dot of paint to his canvas before setting down his brush. "You'll let me warm you up in my arms."

I glanced away as I began to blush, smirking at how even after so long, the groundskeeper still flirted with me as if we'd only just met.

"You don't need an excuse like that to hold me," I chuckled, taking a sip of my tea and feeling the warm liquid travel down my throat, heating up my body for a fleeting few seconds.

Taehyung walked over towards me. His hair was a mess as always, and it was in bad need of a trim. No matter how many times I braided it for him, it would always escape it's hold within an hour.

"You shouldn't worry too much about Jimin's birthday velike ôci. All he truly needs is us by his side. His days of partying are far behind him."

I hung my head, my heart hurting yet again. Taehyung was right, I had no trouble admitting that. But something inside me needed this party to happen. I wanted to see my family, everyone together, laughing and drinking. Eating while celebrating our master. Every year Jimin's birthday present was Taehyung and I. But this year... This year I wanted it to be different. I wanted him to see that this place could be more than just a secret hideaway. Jimin had people that cared for him here. He needed to see that clearly for once.

"Is it that bad for me to want Jimin to have a birthday that isn't spent with us having sex all day?"

Taehyung smiled and lifted my chin. "It is sweet," he said, instantly brightening my mood. "You're sweet."

I chuckled at Taehyung's compliments, as no matter how corny they were, they never failed to sound genuine to me.

I rose from my chair, and Taehyung wasted no time before catching my lips with his own, cornering me against the desk as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You know... exactly... how to get what you want," I said, smirking inbetween our kisses.

"After so long it would be odd for me not to, don't you think?" The man replied smugly, his lips traveling down to my neck as he began sucking and marking my skin.

My eyes rolled back into my head, and I breathed softly into Taehyung's ear as the man gradually made my worries disappear.

"We've always been good at this huh?" I asked when Taehyung took some of my skin between his teeth and abused it until I was sure it was bright red. "Taking each other's concerns away?"

I tangled my fingers through Taehyung's hair, giving in, letting go of the fears that wounded my heart as I allowed him to put a bandaid over them.