An Orchestrated Life

"I should paint you nude."

My eyes sprang open and I snorted, the peaceful silence that had settled in the bedroom disrupted by Taehyung's low voice.

The man's fingers danced up and down my stomach, caressing my lightly defined abs that I was actually kind of proud of.

"How did you suddenly get that idea?" I asked with a chuckle, listening to Taehyung's calm heartbeat as we lay together on his bed.

"The sun... when the light falls on your skin at the right time you turn golden," the man answered, and I looked down at myself to see that Taehyung was indeed right, the firey sunset peeking through the window illuminating both our bodies.

"You're golden too," I noted, picking up Taehyung's hand to show him as I tangled our fingers together.

I moved our hands and let the sunlight turn them into silhouettes, squeezing one eye shut as I studied the way the way we fit together so well.

If only another hand was with us right now...

"Zeka..." Taehyung suddenly spoke up. "Why is it you didn't want me to mail that letter to your sister?"

Taehyung asked me the question with something careful in his voice as if he was afraid to ruin the serenity of the moment.

My head skipped a beat, but I didn't let him catch on to my uneasiness.

"It... wasn't ready yet," I lied. "I'll post it myself soon."

Taehyung hummed. "Tell me about her," he said. "I've never had any siblings..."

"You haven't?"

Our hands lowered back down and Taehyung sighed.

"Actually I have eight siblings... but they live with my mother in Croatia... and I have never met any of them before."

My eyes widened a little, unable to imagine having an entire family in a distant country without even knowing them. "I'm... so sorry," I said, not sure what else there was for me to say.

But Taehyung seemed unbothered. "Can't miss what I've never had," he said curtly. "My father took his first son with him when he wanted to make something of himself... and you already know how that story ended. He took me down with him. Collateral damage."

I brought Taehyung closer, wrapping my arms tighter around his waist as if that could somehow compensate for the man's pain.

"My sister is smart..." I started quietly, feeling a little afraid to remember her face at first. "She's sweet and never misses a chance to make fun of me... especially when she used to catch me staring at boys for too long..."

Taehyung's chest sank as he laughed softly.

"How lovely."

"Not exactly," I opposed, smiling. "But I love her. She's my best friend... and I guess it's odd for a nineteen year old to have a thirteen year old girl as best friend... but sometimes it is like we share a mind. We used to look at each other, and burst out laughing at the same joke without speaking a word."

Taehyung brought my hand to his lips and kissed it. "That is not odd... it is beautiful velike oči..."

I beamed with the memories of my sister engraved into my skull as if it was only yesterday when I last saw her.

"For the longest time me and Jimin were like that," Taehyung said, subcontiously laying our hands against his chest. "We were like brothers... always causing trouble together, always sticking by each other's side..."