The Spell Of A Wild Romance

The first thought entering my mind was the idea of Taehyung having been let off early because of the rain, but it was instantly thrown away by logic as Taehyung of course owned a key, and it had only just started raining.

I furrowed my brows, hesitating as I thought of anything valuable a thief might steal, coming up with nothing of importance in the end. There was indeed the risk of getting murdered, but I put that idea to the back of my mind, influenced by the part of me that did not hate such a exciting ending to my long life.

I pushed down the doorhandle, a gush of cold wind hitting me and escaping into the house when I did.

The mighty calvary of rainfall outside reached me again, the sky weeping as if a tragedy had played itself out on the earth's soil.

It was nearly impossible to see more than a few feet ahead, rain washing out the street as if there was nothing but endless fog where cars used to race.

All I could see clearly was the man on my doorstep. The nightmarish creature from before, cradling something in his hands, shivering as his clothes were completely drenched by the rain.

I only opened the door a small bit, carefully peeking out at the stranger dressed in ragged clothes that looked like he'd been buried alive in them.

There were bloodstains on his soaked shirt and pants, and his arms and legs were littered with countless wounds and bruises as if he'd been badly beaten.

What a nutcase, I thought to myself, wondering if the man had accidentally wandered out of an insane asylum. But my frown deepened when I looked at his injuries, as despite how odd I found unbalanced souls like him, they did not deserve to be treated in a way that caused them harm. They were alive still, they hadn't lost their complete value.

The man wouldn't raise his head, staring at his hands as he stood before me, showering in the rainstorm crashing down on him.

"E-excuse me?" I asked, closing the door a bit further when I felt some fear settle in. "Why did you knock on this door sir?"

I wrapped my fingers tightly around the doorhandle, doubting if it would be a good idea to let the man hide from the rain inside the house. I wanted to be a kind civilian of course, but after careful consideration, I concluded it would be cruel to let Taehyung come home to my butchered corpse if this man was indeed a killer.

The stranger did not answer me, simply standing, trembling from the cold like an abandoned dog.

"Why are you in the rain sir?" I asked further, snapping my head around in search of a police officer that could get this mentally disordered man back to the asylum. But alas, the rain had scared off anyone previously roaming the street, and so I was alone to deal with the oddity.

"Is... Is there anywhere else you can go?" I tried lastly, coming from behind the door a bit when my naivety and kindness won over my rational mind.

When the terror simply stood there, his head hanging low and his body weak like he was hanging up by a thread, I couldn't find it in myself to shun the wounded man. He didn't look strong enough to be able to hurt me, and for some reason I did not get the feeling that he was planning on doing anything or anyone any harm.

"Do you want to come inside until the rain stops?" I asked, increasing the volume of my voice to rise above the rain.

I opened the door a bit wider and silently asked myself if I had gone completely mad for letting a suspicious looking stranger into my house.

Despite knowing that I was comitting a foolish act that would end up with me in a lot of trouble, I let the man shuffle forward and into the house, hiding behind the door as I watched him enter.