A Better Truth

When Jimin and I returned back home, things were hectic to say the least.

A million things happened at once, or so it had felt like, as I hadn't even fully opened the door before we were bombarded with information.

"Jimin, your family doctor has arrived, he's talking to Taehyung in the entrance hall," Yoongi said, while at the same time pushing a telegram into the young millionaire's hands.

"You also received a message from your father," he added.

"H-how is Jin?" I asked as Jimin and I stood in the doorpost, crowded by Yoongi and Hoseok who barely gave us room to walk into the house.

"Still sick," Hoseok said, shaking his head with a sorrowful expression. "It's probably spanish flu. He has a sore throat and a high fever."

I swallowed thickly, blinking more than usual. "Is he bleeding from the nose? Or the ears? Is his skin blue?"

"No," Hoseok said, "but Namjoon is very worried... could you try to calm him down?"

I glanced at Jimin, who stood drooped beside me again as he did back on the hill, zoned out and unblinking.

"Jimin?" I asked, but the boy seemed out of it, mindlessly dropping the telegram from his hands.

"Go... go see Namjoon Tesoro..." He said, his eyes fixed on nothing as they turned dull. "And tell him I shall pray for Jin..."

After speaking those words the boy didn't grant anyone time to question him, pushing past Yoongi and Hoseok to head straight for his room.

I frowned as I saw the boy leave, but I had no time to go after him since Yoongi was already dragging me with him towards the servant's quarters.

I did however, find just enough time to hurriedly crouch down and pick up the telegram the boy had dropped, already knowing that whatever it said, it most definitely wasn't going to be good news.

"He isn't really talking to anyone right now," I vaguely heard Yoongi say as he pulled at my arm. "But seeing your past we hoped you could bring him some kind of comfort."

Consigliere advised initiation sooner than discussed.

I furrowed my brows, rereading the telegram over and over though it brought me no closer to it's meaning.

"Consigliere?" I whispered to myself. "Initiation?"

--

I gently pushed past the door, though my attempt at being discrete failed due to the creaking of the hinges.

Namjoon sat seated on a single bed in one of the spare rooms of the servant's quarters, staring at the floor in complete silence.

When I disturbed that silence, he lifted his head, seeming surprised to see me.

"Hi," I said softly, though my attendance in the room felt unfit to say the least.

Namjoon couldn't conjure the warm smile he usually wore when he saw me, his eyes falling back to the floor right away.

"They won't let me near him..." He whispered. "They won't let me see him... afraid I'll get sick too... as if my life will matter without him."

I swallowed thickly. "I'm sorry..." I said, realising that though I knew exactly what Namjoon was feeling, I still didn't posses the right words to take his pain away.

Namjoon nodded as if he'd heard it all before.

"The doctor arrived... " I said after a while, carefully stepping further into the room. "He'll be able to determine what Jin needs to get better..."