The Strange Creature

I frowned at the familiarity of the situation.

Just over 24 hours ago, it had been Taehyung standing in mister Park's place, asking me the very same question.

I wondered if this would become a habit. If every night there would be a new member of the household asking me if they'd somehow offended me. It made me feel sensitive and fragile, and I disliked it greatly.

"No," I said quietly, shaking my head and resting against the doorframe. "Ofcourse not sir... I-"

"That" - mister Park paused, his chin tilting up. "That's what I mean though, sir. I... we've only just met, ofcourse, but you keep calling me sir. This morning, after I woke."

Mister Park paused again and furrowed his brows. "After I almost kissed you..."

I didn't say anything and let out a shuddering breath.

"Fuck, tesoro, I only..." he ran a hand over his face. "I didn't think it would upset you but it has hasn't it?"

I hesitated, unsure of how to correct this statement when I myself didn't even know the truth. I felt like I was getting swallowed by wave of new emotions and all I could do was go with the current. "It... I was not expecting it but it didn't upset me..."

"I am sorry- I... fuck, I mean, I awoke in your arms and I- whenever I wake up in someone's arms my first instict is usually to kiss them, but you..." Mister Park bit his pretty lips. "I'm acting like an imbecile. I'm sorry. I can hardly think, I'm so exhausted."

I frowned with worry and stepped forward into the hall, closing the distance between us. "You haven't slept?"

Mister Park waved his hand dismissively, although I could see his eyes were troubled. "The nightmares..."

"What about Taehyung?"

"He's gone to the city for the night and I told him I'd be fine."

"But you aren't fine."

Mister Park looked up at me as if he hadn't expected me to question him, before shaking his head slowly. "Not particularly."

He paused before shaking his head again. "Damnit, I'm keeping you up aren't I? I'm sorry, I hadn't thought... I only wanted to talk to ensure that everything was alright. I didn't..."

Mister Park trailed off and ran his fingers through his messy raven hair, and the action was so effortlessly beautiful that it took my breath for a moment.

"I'll leave now, I'm sorry for bothering you."

He turned and a few seconds passed before logic caught up to me, and I stepped forward, resting my hand on his arm.

"Wait," I said softly, and he looked back up at me with heavy eyes. "You're... you're unable to sleep."

Mister Park smiled tiredly. "I'll be alright..."

I hesitated before taking another step forward, and away from the path I had so determinedly chosen.

"I can sing to you."

Mister Park was quiet, and I slowly moved my hand back after a moment, convinced I had overstepped and wondering how I could've possibly assumed that my offer would be well-received. Whatever this damned inclination towards Park Jimin was, it only made me appear as a greater fool than I actually was. What in the world was I doing? It was a wonder mister Park hadn't fired me yet for incompitence and misconduct.

I tucked my hands behind my back and tilted my head down, gnawing at my lips. I was so stupid. Such a fool. A complete idiot.

"I'm sorry if that was inappropriate," I whispered. "I only meant- it seemed to relax you before, so I thought I would offer..."