A Marionette Doll

"One night... Tomorrow he leaves."

I nodded in agreement as Taehyung strictly told me how things would be.

The man stripped himself of his shirt, preparing for bed while carrying a deep frown someone his age shouldn't yet wear.

I leaned against our bedroom wall, rubbing up and down my upper arms and feeling uneasy about the fact that our old lover was only a door away from us, sleeping in Taehyung's reading chair where I too had spent quite a few nights.

There was no true reason for me to feel unnerved. The man would be gone by tomorrow, out of our lives again as if he'd never shown up in the first place. And yet still, I couldn't rid myself of the goosebumps covering my skin.

There was a part of me that felt tortured by the wall that had been built between Jimin and us, but there was a part of me, one that was just as strong, that absolutely hated his presence. He shouldn't have come here. He should've left the past in the past where it could die and stay peacefully buried in our memories.

Taehyung surprisingly noticed my discomfort, glancing at me from the corner of his eyes when I gazed at nothing in particular.

"What is bothering you?" He asked, unbuttoning his trousers and revealing to me the sculpted muscles he'd built over time with chopping wood for a nearby logging industry.

I snapped out of my throughts, my eyes falling on the man's body that I still found so incredibly attractive despite the wedge time had drawn between us. I missed touching him, holding him as I did when we were younger.

"Him..." I said with a sigh, tearing my eyes off the man's chiseled abs. "Being here... It brings up the old times doesn't it?"

Taehyung pursed his lips, groaning as he sat down on our weak wooden bed. "Those moments were only good in that time Jungkook... now they are part of a beautiful lie we can no longer believe. We are grown men, let's not be childish."

I rolled my eyes, my naive way of thinking again seen by Taehyung as weakness. There was a time, long ago, when the grumpy man was the one who taught me to look at the flowers, to live free and imagine endless possibilities for my future. I couldn't understand where that wonderful flowerboy had gone. At night sometimes, I wondered if he'd ever come back to take my hand, and transport me to a better place as he had done back then.

"Why did you stop-"

I cut myself off, confused as to where I'd suddenly found the confidence to be so blunt.

"Stop what?"

"Nothing... I didn't meant to speak out loud actually..."

"Yet you did."

Taehyung looked up at me, only blinking as I confused him.

"It would be stupid to ask really..."

The lumberjack perked an eyebrow, waiting for me to pick up the courage and say what I wanted to say.

I curled my lips, wrapping my arms around my waist as I was unable to find a way out of the situation I'd created for myself. I felt tears burn in my eyes, tears that a man my age should not shed in public... or in front of Taehyung.

I filled my lungs, casually swinging my foot front and back.

"I just... I simply wondered... when it was you stopped loving me," I said with a forced smile, ending my sentence with a chuckle, pretending the question was a joke, pretending the answer wouldn't destroy me fully.

I tensed up more when it turned eerily quiet, wondering if Taehyung would ridicule me for asking such a thing, or if this was supposed to be an answer I was to figure out on my own.