Unsteady Feet

Taehyung blinked at me like a mechanical doll, standing frozen in the doorpost after hearing my ludicrous idea.

"Jungkoo-"

"I know," I cut him off, making it known to the man that I was already aware of how foolish my plan was. "I know I shouldn't but I will anyway..."

I slid out of bed to stand on my unsteady feet, a determined look in my eyes as I looked around the small room. "You can't stop me," I said, my mind already trying to figure out what I needed to pack first.

Taehyung simply watched me in silence as I grabbed my suitcase and placed it on the bed with a thud.

"Jungkook... please stop," he said quietly as his eyes followed me around the room.

"Stop what?" I asked without sparing the man a glance, messily throwing all of my clothes into the suitcase as I turned frantic, my body coming out of it's shock and deciding it needed my heart like nothing else.

I collected everything I owned, which wasn't much, and tossed it into the suitcase along with the small framed picture of my sister I hadn't looked at in far too long.

"You're going to hurt yourself Jungkook," Taehyung said, more sternly this time, walking further into the room as I lost control over myself.

I forcefully smashed my suitcase shut after throwing my passport inside, nearly breaking it's metalic lock out of pure, untamed emotion.

"I will get him back Tae! I will get my heart back and I dont care if you don't come with me! I need him to come back! He'll listen to me, I'll help him out if he's stuck I promised I'd be there for him!"

Taehyung latched on to my wrists, squeezing them and making me look at him as I ranted on like a madman. "What about his promise Jungkook?!" He yelled as I tried to get loose to no avail. "Stop thinking that the man that left us is the same boy we once loved Jungkook! He... he is not! He changed! Like you said things change!"

I cried and tried to pull my hands away again, but Taehyung only held on tighter. "You're wrong!" I screamed into the man's face, deceiving myself as I always seemed to do when god decided to punish me for being alive. "I am not giving up on him Tae! Can't you see I have to do this!?"

"Jungkook..." Taehyung said, shaking his head as if he were slowly losing me, his heart tearing yet again. It was like he began to see that there really was no reasoning with me, and I had lost focus of everything that was not Jimin.

"Please don't go..." Taehyung whispered, his grip on my wrists loosening when he saw how deranged I had become.

The man rested his forehead against my chest, begging me like a small child as he held on to my waist. "Please don't leave me..."

I swallowed thickly, fluttering my eyes as I had never meant to make the poor man cry. But my vision had been narrowed down and Taehyung's words did not reach me as they would've done before.

"You don't... You don't have to be homeless Tae..." I said coldly, looking away as the man cried against me. "You've worked here nearly half your life surely you've got enough money..."

Taehyung sniffed, leaning away from me after a moment and barely meeting my eyes when he spoke. "I was never paid... to work here velike oči..." he whispered as if he carried shame for the fact.

I pursed my lips, reminded again of why Taehyung was even working at the house in the first place. I felt the unfairness strike me, but there was nothing to be done about it now...

"Take... take half my money then," I said, opening up my suitcase, reaching for a thick envelope that was filled with dollar bills.

I opened the envelope to hand half the money to Taehyung. "Take it and buy a nice place somewhere..."