Perfect Imperfection

"Velike oči... when we first met, you said you had a favourite cloud..." Taehyung said as we lay respiring in the grass. "Can I ask you... which one is it?"

The wind blew softly and carresed our bodies. Our skin was shiny with sweat and our clothes were canvasses of brown and green. We held hands as the gras pricked in our backsides, and the happiness I felt, almost made me tear.

I hadn't laughed like this in a long time. I hadn't felt careless like this for even longer.

"I didn't say I had a favourite cloud Tae," I chuckled, staring up at the bright blue sky that only had a few cotton clouds scattered across it.

Taehyung rolled off his back and turned to me with a frown, his beautiful dark hair pooling around his shoulders. "But you said you were told to look up instead of down," he asked petulantly, his misunderstanding of my words amusing me.

I turned my head to the groundskeeper to face him and, squinted against the harsh sunlight. "It means to focus only on things that can benefit you," I said knowing deep down that I sounded like a textbook page.

"Instead of focusing on what?" Taehyung asked me as if I were about to insult him.

I opened my mouth to speak but closed it soon after. "Well..." I started after a moment, plucking a white daisy from our bed of grass. "Instead of getting distracted by things that hold you back..."

I tucked the little white flower behind Taehyung's ear as the man cocked his head at me. "Am I distracting you?" He asked, seeming genuinly afraid as his eyes widened a little. "Am I holding you back?"

I was suprised for a moment, never having thought the groundskeeper was the type to care much about how people saw him.

I cupped his face and scrunched my nose at the man's endearing expression. "You are most definetly a distraction Tae," I said, stroking the man's smooth cheek with my thumb. "And at first I thought you were indeed holding me back from being able to perform my best here..."

I watched how the fierce sunlight shone into the groundskeeper's eyes and showed the golden colour that hid in those dark orbs.

"But I realised that slowing down isn't always bad... especially when it feels like the world is spinning out of control..."

I gave the groundskeeper a smile, but the man kept looking at me like a concerned parent.

"Why do you feel like time races only for you?" He asked curiously, resting his chin on the palm of his hand as if he expected a story.

I chuckled at Taehyung's attentive posture before taking a deep breath.

"Well... ever since I became an orphan, I've simply had to run faster than I was capable of. I had to find a job and earn money so that I could eat and have a place to sleep. But I've never been good at being assertive.... I've never been good at speaking up for myself... it feels like things are happening so quickly, and I can't sit still to breath or everything will have changed again..."

I felt like I was rambeling things that didn't make any sense, but Taehyung stared at me like I was preaching god's word.

"I've worked at many different places... bad places too. Houses where I saw children get beaten and burned, or where the men would rape the housemaids. Horrible things... things I'll have to forget and never look back to."

Taehyung looked at me with a deep frown, seeming horrified at what I was telling him. I didn't know if the man had worked in many houses before finding mister Park, since he'd been my age when he arrived. But then again, if I were honest, I didn't know much about the handsome flowerboy at all...