Caught In His Web

A/n: I stabbed my phone

"Oh... Oh god..."

Jimin's hand jumped up to his mouth and his eyes filled with shock at what he'd done.

"I-I'm so sorry... Tesoro I-"

To say I was confused would be a grave understatement. Gravity bewildered me less. Space made more sense. To think that I had slipped so disastrously. It was wrong. It was oh so wrong. The wrong moment, the wrong time, it never should have happened. Not when Taehyung and I had only just found our ways back to each other. Our relationship was too fragile. A bomb like this... It would obliterate it.

"We can't... " I said, stepping away from Jimin as I desperately needed distance. I waved my hands, every part of my being agreeing that this was a mistake. "This can't..."

Jimin nodded immediately, wrapping his towel tighter around himself. "I-I know I am so sorry, please... please forget what I did. Please... I am terribly ashamed."

His voice squeaked and trembled, but I could not come and calm him. Not when I so badly yearned to touch and hold him as though the time passed had been nothing but a myth.

"We were both not thinking... It is okay," I said, retrieving the clothes I'd picked for the man and handing them to him while my heart was attempting to break through my chest.

"Dress yourself... and then we will go to the shop to work on your watch."

I took big strides and fled the room before Jimin could answer, feeling disoriented, afraid, and completely distraught.

--

I had kept myself busy with Jimin's watch until the sky turned dusk and my eyes grew weary, but eventually I came to a dead end when I needed specific screws and gears I did not own. I would have them delivered the next day, and then, after some work, the old hunting pocket watch would be good as new and everything would go back to the way they were.

I sat on top of the kitchen counter as Jimin managed to somehow make spaghetti from a can look appetising. And soon enough the kitchen smelled so good I feared the neighbours would come by to ask for a bite.

"Would you believe me if I said I'd never eaten spaghetti before?"

Jimin's jaw dropped as if I'd told him another world war had broken out.

"You are joking."

I shook my head. "Hobi never made it, and I never learned how to cook it either."

"Dio mio... dispiace così tanto."

I chuckled at the foreign words Jimin uttered. "What was that?"

The man held up his hand and desired my silence, before twisting a fork into the pan of spaghetti, dipping it into a red tomato sauce he had filled with countless spices I barely knew by name.

"Here," Jimin said, walking towards me until he stood between my legs and made me blush like a little boy. He brought the fork to my lips, giving me no space to refuse his cooking even if I wished to.

I opened my mouth, looking at him with doe eyes when he slipped the fork between my lips, and I obediently took the bite.

"Good?" The man asked.

I nodded, working the spaghetti away, moaning at the incredible taste I did not think one could create in our tiny kitchen.

A bright smile broke through Jimin's neutral expression, and my stomach exploded with butterflies.

"It's good," I said after swallowing, my eyes crinkling back at him.

"Im glad you think so," Jimin said, and I suddenly felt like there were stars surrounding us.