Mindless Puppets

A/n: im sick ಠ◡ಠ

"I'm wet, tired and beyond irritated Jungkook..."

Taehyung's voice was dark and gravelly like a hounds growl, and it was paired with a look of deep disappointment I had expected him to give me. To rip of a bandaid wasn't a painful task, but the fear that came with it, made it excruciating.

I knew I'd be wiser to let Taehyung into the house and get it all over with, but I was afraid. I wanted to postpone the entire altercation, I wanted to drag the man away to some motel and tell him the house had flooded. I knew very well this was not the time to be cowardice, but Taehyung's heart needed protection and I could not be the reason for it to crack again.

"Listen... there is something of great importance I need to tell you," I said as I tried to show the man the graveness of the situation with my eyes.

Taehyung scoffed, pushing against my chest with his elbow to force his way inside the house. "Whatever it is, you can tell me inside Jungkook."

"No I can't," I said strongly, keeping my foot planted behind the door. "If I let you in it won't be neccesairy anymore."

Taehyung groaned, nudging me away with more strength this time, becoming infuriated with me as if I were the bane of his existence, the weight hanging at his heels.

"You're acting insane Jungkook," he snarled. "Get away from the fucking door and let me inside it's raining!"

I put my hand on Taehyung's chest to make the man stop fighting against me, but the soaked lumberjack was not in the mood to converse like a reasonable man and violently yanked my arm away.

"Tae!" I yelled when we began to push each other like children. "Listen to me!"

Taehyung used both his hands to shove into the house. "Just move!" He roared as his eyes catched fire.

Taehyung's anger reached it's peak, and he finally stormed past me, throwing me aside and making me stumble. I fell, but the wall saved me, and thankfully I was able to hold myself up.

It was the scene that came next however, that was truly the most harrowing, and I stared with wideblown eyes when Taehyung came to an abrupt stop in our living room, hearing only the drips of his drenched coat leaking water onto the laminate floor.

The tension could've been cut with a butter knife, and yet I wasn't about to attempt it, petrified as the horrible silence deafened us all.

Jimin was seated at the dinner table where I'd left him, and looked at Taehyung with his jaw dropped. He didn't seem to have expected Taehyung's arrival, but then again, neither had the lumberjack foreseen his.

"Tae..." I muttered, ripping myself away from the wall. "I... I wanted to tell you, but I wasn't sure how..."

Taehyung scared me by taking a sudden quick breath as if he'd forgotten how to breathe. His face was pale, painted over with whitewash almost, and for a moment I wondered if his time had completely frozen, if the stress that had come with seeing this ghost of the past had stopped his heart and signed the beginning of the end. His first love, the one that had broken his heart countless times and got away with it every time, was sitting in his house, and had barged into the life he'd tried to create without him as if he owned it. I could see it on the man's face. I could see his fear of being trapped by Jimin again come back to him after so long, and I shared it.

"Tae?"

The lumberjack took a step backwards, and another, and another. Like panick-stricken prey he backed up against the door, and I witnessed his entire demeanor shrink in a way that only one man could cause.