A Wordless Vow

Taehyung looked to me, and the fear and concern on his face were most definitly shared by me.

"Jungkook, perhaps you should go..." The groundskeeper said, his voice quivering as he tried to stay calm but failed.

"No," I refused right away, my mind still active despite my frozen state.

"I want to help, let me help."

"I don't know how you can help when he's like this Jungko-"

Another pillow was thrown against Taehyung's face and the man pushed out his jaw trying to remain patient with his master.

He held up his hands to show Jimin that he came in peace, slowly nearing the boy though the millionaire only responded negatively.

"Mój aniol... it's me Taehyungie okay? I know you won't hurt me... I'm your friend... I'm your best friend."

Jimin fluttered his eyes and was driven further into a corner as if he was surrounded by an ambush. "I already hurt you... I'm a bad person... I don't deserve anything! I don't deserve you get out!"

Taehyung sighed, and I could see him struggle. I could see him desperately trying to think of a way to help his master out of the shadow that had surrounded him. He rubbed his face, his eyes darting around around the room as he tried to come up with something.

But Jimin wasn't all there.

He was trying to scare Taehyung away as if he were an explosive that was about to detonate and destroy everything in it's surroundings. He grabbed a comb, using the object as his new weapon with twitching eyes.

"Get out please! I cause pain I'm a monster! I'm a child of the devil! Get away from me!"

I had never seen the millionaire this desperate, this frantic.

And that was when I recognised it. That was the moment I understood the millionaire's behaviour, for I had seen it before. It was a long time ago, and part of a memory I've tried to forget, but no matter how deep I buried it, I still remember it all like it was yesterday.

The way Jimin tried to hide himself, the irrational anger that was coursing through him, the paranoia... I knew where the crazed look in his eyes came from.

"Tae..." I said quietly, slowly stepping forward to place my hand on the groundskeeper's shoulder. "Don't near him... don't try to corner him, it will only make it worse."

Taehyung turned to me, his lips parted.

"What?"

"He'll feel more threatened... he'll get angrier..."

I looked at Jimin, who's wide eyes darted from me to Taehyung and back as if we were conspiring against him. He stuck out his comb with trembling hands as if it were a dagger, pointing at us as he squinted through his bangs.

I made Taehyung and me step away, giving the millionaire some much needed space to reduce his stress and show him we were everything but a threat.

"J-Jungkook?" Taehyung asked, utterly confused about my strategy.

"Tae... did Jimin fight in the war? Was he a soldier?"

Taehyung shook his head, frowning at me as if I were crazy. "No... of course not, his father wouldn't allow it."

I nodded, knowing that it wouldn't make sense for the only son of the richest man in the country to go to war. It would've been known. People would've talked about it.

The reason I actually asked, was because the only person I'd ever seen act this way, was my father, right after he came back from the first time he left for war.