The Devil's Most Valuable Demon

I write this as my sanity dwindles.

I have lost track of how many days have passed, but what is the value of knowing how many times the sun has risen? I will never lay my eyes on it again... I am surrounded by an eternal night... and my mind... it is conspiring against me. The voices of all the people I killed. Their voices cry out to me it won't stop. They scream out in agony. They say it is all my fault. Everything is my fault. Is this my punishment? God tell me please. Have you handed me to the devil? Is it my turn to be tortured? I deserve it. I deserve it God I do.

She is standing there again. Alice... She blames me for her death. She blames me for Stella's death she's standing in the corner. God she's been shot in the head. There is blood everywhere. She's pointing at me. It is my fault. I killed her. My beautiful wife. My baby... My little girl... she is not really sleeping next to me but her warmth feels so real. Her little snores... they make it easier to close my eyes. How could they kill a child? An innocent soul! How could they have hurt her! It is my fault.

I am the devil's most valuable demon.

I should've ran away. I should've taken them some place safe but I was a fool. My pride. My poisonous pride. I lost the bank. I lost my money. I couldn't lose my position. I was trained since I was little... I had to kill.. torture... I can see the blood on my hands... it is so much... all I see is red... please God save me... I needed to be ruthless like my father. Respected! Feared! I gave up everything for his expectations! I couldn't run away. I had to be courageous. Maffiosi need to be courageous. Like Jungkookie... perfect Jungkookie. But I am not the treasure he thought I was. I am nothing like that. He's so stupid. Such an idiot. Such a fool.

My family is dead. I am the reason they are dead. I am a monster. I don't want to die. But I have to die. They will keep me here forever. They want their revenge on me for everything I've done. All the lives I've taken. Am I seeing things? Yes... I am losing it... I must be. They have kept me in this cage for so long... these walls are now my hell. Will they leave me here to die? They keep hurting me... pain is all I feel... I don't want to eat the food they give me but I am forced to.

Please kill me... someone kill me please kill me someone please help me kill me please I want to die please let me die....

"Stop!" I cried out.

I closed my eyes, pressing my hands against my ears and blocking Taehyung's voice from reaching me.

The pain was excruciating. Like someone stabbing a knife into an open wound.

"Stop I can't... I can't hear it anymore Tae please..."

I feel hands wrapping around my arms, and I am pulled into an embrace by my bear. He locks me against his chest and let's me listen to his big heart.

"It is okay," he whispered, trying to settle me down as I sobbed against his shoulder. "You can let it out..." He said, the small crack in his voice comforting me, as it showed that even the strong lumberjack was tormented by what he had read.

"Why did he choose this path?" I yelled, squeezing Taehyung's biceps, holding him tightly as he was currently all that kept me grounded. "He could've stayed with us! W-we would've kept him s-safe!"

Taehyung's hand rubbed up and down my back and he rocked us side to side. "Jimin never thought he had a choice Zeka... He's been in his father's business since he was young... He grew up with murder and torture... he was taught to live like a monster. A childhood like that would corrupt anyone's mind."

I cried so much my skull felt like it would split in two. My sight was blurred with tears and my heart lay heavy in my chest, dragging me down to the depths of despair.