Old Friends Catching Up

A/n:  so yeah... I'm slowly going blind :) im not allowed to write on my phone too much so maybe the updates will be slower now. I'm sorry (╯︵╰,)

Jimin began to act as my apprentice, helping me in my watchmaking shop as I worked on both his clock and those of other customers. He handed me my tools whenever I was too lazy to get them myself, which was a great help, but as time progressed and the day aged, I could see the man's interests lay elsewhere.

He wandered across the room, caressing random works of mine with a busy mind, and I followed him from the corner of my eyes every so often, getting distracted by the sighs of boredom the man kept releasing.

He hadn't mentioned our night on the couch, and therefore neither had I.

We pretended it hadn't happened, and thankfully nothing seemed to have changed for the worse between the two of us. I still catched him looking at me with those dark, beautiful eyes, but he had grown more clingy, dependant like a babe, asking for hugs whenever he could as reassurance that I still wanted him near. Every now and then I found myself needing to hold him longer, tighter, more but I didn't. I did not want to risk it. The trust between us was still fragile, and I did not want to jeopardize the progress we'd made. I wanted him yes, perhaps in more ways that I was allowed to, but I had to put Jimin's safety first. His wellbeing was all that mattered to me now.

After a few more deep sighs I finally told Jimin how I wouldn't mind him finding a different way to pass the time, smiling in a comforting manner to set him at ease, though the man looked panicked as if convinced I was sending him away. It took ten minutes of me holding him in my arms and promising over and over again that I was not making him leave, until he calmed enough to let me suggest something.

He trembled against my chest, and I stroked his little hands. "Tae is all on his own at home..." I said softly. "Perhaps you two could play a board game?"

Jimin was visibly unnerved by the idea I tried to plant, though I did not wish to force him. "You don't have to... but I'm sure he would enjoy the company... As I am busy working on your watch all day..."

A small pout formed at the man's lips, and as I had him seated on my lap I could not help but swoon at his petulance.

"Don't worry sweetheart... you know he is more kindhearted than anyone."

I rubbed Jimin's back, dragging my eyes away from his lips when they lured me in too much.

"I'm sure he would appreciate your presence," I muttered, even though I wasn't entirely sure if that was indeed true. Yes, Taehyung had reacted quite passively when I told him about Jimin and I, but I wasn't so sure if that meant his relationship with the man was now miraculously healed. They were still awkward together, not in sync as they used to be but rejecting each other like they had never been one in the first place.

"He wants me gone..." Jimin mumbled quietly.

"Just talk to him," I tried again. "He hates being feared, believe me I know. I had foolishly been doing it for years and it ate away at his soul."

Jimin hummed, still reluctant, but understanding. "Could I... Could I stay for just a little while longer?" He asked softly.

I let my hand climb up to the back of his head, combing my fingers through his raven locks and chuckling. "Of course dear. You can decide. Whenever you are ready."

--

We were still sitting together, he and I, in the evening at work, the soft static of the radio playing in the background until the sun set in the sky and the glow of twilight was around us.