Child Of The Devil

"W-why is it you feel like you need to be punished?" I asked as I watched the millionaire glow like the sun, following him with my hands casually tucked into my pockets.

Jimin let his fingers glide over the garden's roses to feel their soft texture, the touch calming him down and making him smile.

I hadn't realised how much of a naturalist the young man seemed to be, and I watched him become one with the scenery as he wandered around. The way Taehyung spoke of him made it sound like he was more fond of the indoors, but right now I could see he was the happiest around nature.

"Bad people need to be punished, don't you think so?"

I blinked a few times, sheepishly scratching the back of my neck as I though about it. "Well... doesn't it depend?"

"On what?" Mister Park asked immediately, turning to me with a sudden desperate look in his eyes.

I gulped, my gaze falling to the green grass to hide from his expectations of an intelligent answer. "W-why a person did it... what the circumstances were..."

I heard the millionaire sigh. "Those things don't matter tesoro," he said coldly, and when I looked up again, the man's back was facing me and his attention had returned to the roses. "A sin stays a sin no matter what..."

I frowned, daring to near the millionaire though my mind strongly advised me not to.

"I don't think bad decisions make you a bad person," I said, coming to stand next to the young man to admire the roses with him. The boy smelled of some rich perfume that pleasured my senses more than any flower could, and I secretly inhaled it more that any of the other garden scents. "I think that if you can recognise your mistakes, it makes you a very good person."

Mister Park stayed silent, and it made me proud to think that I had given him an answer he could actually do something with. He started stroking the roses again, the vulnerable petals bowing under his thumb, and I wished to reach out and caress the man's hand the same way. To trace my finger over his arm and send goosebumps to cover his skin.

"What if... you make bad decisions... and you know it... but you continue. You keep doing bad things..."

I turned my head towards the millionaire, my warm thoughts interrupted by a cold one. "What... what is it exactly that you call bad decisions? If I may ask..."

Mister Park faced me, and I hadn't realised how much the distance between us had narrowed.

"You may ask... but I may not answer."

Jimin edged his lips up, and I carried no shame in how I let my eyes wander across the young man's face, darting back and forth from every detail like I was hypnotised.

Mister Park's eyes stayed totally still and focused on mine, and I realised that the man seemed to enjoy watching me admire him.

"You know..." He said quietly, looking up through his lashes as he tucked some of his hair behind his ear.

"Taehyungie told me this morning... that you and him kissed..."

My lips parted though I was already aware of this. I had not expected the man to bring the kiss up, but it was probably my mistake to expect Park Jimin to be predictable.

I was unsure of what to say so I said nothing, and waited for the boy to continue.

"Does that mean that you are now part of the cursed family?" He asked, the name amusing him.

I copied the man's smile, timidly glancing away for a moment. "I... I believe so..."

The young millionaire hummed, and I couldn't help think the man was glad. A family, I wondered, was that what I had found at this place? These men comforted me when I was sad and no one had done that for me ever since my parents had died. All of them made me feel less alone, even if I wasn't too acquainted with them yet. I was terribly thankful for their kindness.