A Fairytale

Pitch black surrounded me as I carefully entered Jimin's room, trying my best to remember it's layout not to bump into any drawers or closets.

Taehyung let his hand rest on my lower back as he followed me inside, the touch giving me butterflies even though it was as simple as can be.

"Is he sleeping?" The man asked in a hushed tone, making me feel like we were secret spies infiltrating a house we weren't supposed to be in.

"I think so," I whispered back, squinting to see Jimin's sleeping figure. It was odd though, to see the boy sleeping peacefully, as he usually couldn't drift off without someone beside him to hold. "I'll go to the other side of the bed."

I manouvred past Taehyung through the darkness of the room, hearing the man stub his toe against a dresser and stifle a groan, right after I hit my head against something I wasn't able to identify.

I guessed we would probably never be spies in this lifetime, but I secretly had no desire to be one anyway.

Eventually, Taehyung and I made it to the bed, and we sighed simultaneously when our backs hit the matrass, feeling as if though we'd just made it through a minefield.

"You two are the most indiscrete people I've ever met," Jimin said bluntly, startling both me and Taehyung as we'd been convinced the boy had been asleep.

"S-sorry," I chuckled sheepishly. "Did we wake you?"

Jimin huffed. "Of course not... I was simply enjoying the darkness. But you two elephants could've woken me up from a coma."

Taehyung's low chuckles filled up the room and I vaguely saw him move to trap Jimin in his arms.

"I love it when you act so sassy mój aniol," he growled into Jimin's ear, the tone of his voice making shivers run down my spine.

"If you don't let go I'll bite you mio amore," Jimin warned, but as usual Taehyung completely ignored the millionaire's threat.

"Ako me ugrizeš, ugrizit ću te nazad," he said, and the sounds of smooches and giggles were enough to tell me the groundskeeper would soon find himself with bite marks.

I slowly began drifting off with a broad smile on my face, listening to Jimin's laughter to calm me down as I subtly took his hand.

Perhaps the boy wasn't as troubled as I thought he was at first. Perhaps Taehyung and I were indeed enough to help him through the difficult times.

He would be okay, I told myself. As long as he had me and Taehyung. He'd be fine.

--

For the entire week, Taehyung and I never left Jimin's side.

We slept beside him every night, we bathed him, we fed him - though he would never eat more than just a few bites - and we kept him company even when he didn't want it.

At times Taehyung had to leave for the city, and every once in a while I had to do a check up on the state of the house, but Jimin was never alone.

We healed him, slowly but surely. We replaced the evil voices in his mind with us telling him we would always be there, and it seemed to work.

Today was one of those days when Taehyung had to be absent for a while as he tended to the garden. It was infact still his job, and he very much loved doing it despite Jimin telling him he was obligated to take a shower before coming to bed again.

The millionaire and I instead found ourselves in the library where we often were nowadays, reading books, talking, or simply staring at each other until we broke out laughing.