The Devil Itself

My lips broke apart and I took a few steps backwards.

I had never before felt even the slightest urge to lay a finger on the man before me. Not once. I wouldn't have dared. And yet at that moment, when Jimin was looking at me like I was a stranger coming to bother him, I wished to beat him black and blue until he'd be coughing up blood... and it frightened me.

I was seething, balling my fists as I held myself back.

The man hadn't just changed... If only that were the case. He was an entirely different person.

"After everything..." I whispered more to myself as nothing I was saying seemed to get through to the man. "You just tell me to leave? You don't even apologize?"

Jimin looked around, glancing left to right as if someone could be watching us from the shadows. "J-Jungkook..."

I shook my head, frowning at the stranger before me. Confused as I was forced to accept that the man I loved was dead and I never even got to say goodbye to his precious soul. I backed away further, ready to start running, ready to remove myself from this earth and meet my destiny on the other side, but when I turned around to flee Jimin latched onto my wrist, stopping me with a desperate look in his eyes.

"I... I never meant for things to end this way," he told me as his eyes watered, keeping me grounded despite telling me to leave only seconds ago.

I looked down at the way Jimin's fingers were wrapped around my wrist so tightly as if he wished I would drag him with me.

But I felt nothing even as the man's stoic demeanor broke.

"If that is true..." I said, hating it when my eyes began to burn again. "Why did you lie to us? Why did you have to give us hope just to strip it away?"

Jimin swallowed dryly and tears sprung from his eyes.

"I... I don't know how to explain it Tesor-"

The man stopped himself, and I wished to throw myself off a cliff to die a less painful death.

"It's all... It's all so much and I... I know you deserve an explanation... you and Tae both... but I can't-"

"Stop lying!" I snapped, making Jimin flinch as I ripped myself away from the man's hold. "You keep making excuses... You keep playing the victim but look at you! You have everything while Taehyung, Namjoon, Jin, Hoseok, Yoongi... they were all left with nothing! You caused that! They are the ones drowning now and it's all because of you!"

Jimin took a sharp breath, and I hoped my words had cut him deeply.

"You're a selfish monster just like you always said you were... I was an idiot for not believing you every single fucking time you warned me. It's my own fault isn't it? You tried to tell me... You tried to make me see you weren't worthy of anything for years."

Jimin had shrunken down. And the man that had walked up to me with such confidence so easily fell apart before me. I glared at him, but felt some sick form of pleasure at the sight.

"Does that woman know?" I asked, nudging my head at the house she and the baby had entered. "Does she know you used to fuck men?"

Jimin's eyes shot up at me, fear sparking in those pitch black pupils of his that used to hold entire galaxies inside of them for me to explore. "I'll be killed Jungkook..." He said at a warning tone, his hand slowly climbing up to reach his back pocket.

"Jimin..." I said, gulping as more tears sprung from my eyes. I crossed my arms over my chest, holding my ground though I wished it would swallow me whole and bury me.