The Indoctrinated Fool

I squealed into my pillow to muffle the high-pitched sound, the fluttering butterflies in my stomach driving me insane. I rolled around on my bed and laughed at my antics, finally feeling like I could breathe. I was behaving childishly, yes, but for the first time since my parents had died I didn't care that I was. I was happy. And for so long I had almost forgotten what that felt like.

I tangled my fingers through my hair and wet my lips, wondering if the handsome groundskeeper was feeling the same way as I was. If he was thinking of me right now as he took care of his needs. I scrunched my nose, giggling again at the possibility.

It was more likely that the man was thinking of his boss as he did it, since the two were lovers no matter how much Taehyung tried to deny it. They didn't belong to each other, but they did care for each other, and I knew they shared a bond I could never compete with.

I sighed as I realised how much of a free man Taehyung really was. He had too much love and care to give to spend on one person. There was no way he could be mine alone. Just because we kissed it didn't mean he was now no longer with Jimin. I frowned as I thought about it. Secretely, I had no desire to separate the two men. Yes, the way they touched each other made me jealous, but that didn't mean I wanted them to stop doing it. I actually quite liked seeing them together... they made me blush.

I shook my head and sighed again, sitting upright as I threw away my way too complicated thoughts and emotions.

There was a job I had to do, and now that Taehyung had picked up everything I needed, I could finally start.

Jimin's pocket watch lay alone and abandoned on my desk and I was glad to finally be able to start fixing the things that were broken.

Surely it wouldn't be hard to find out what the problem was, would it?

--

"Damnit!" I cursed as I kept trying to pry the regular hunting pocket watch open.

I peered through my father's old glasses that rested on my nose as I used the tool Taehyung had gotten me, but it was of no use.

I'd spent hours already on just opening the thing and I debated giving up quite a few times. This was supposed to be the easiest part of the process! It was as if the thing had been melted shut from the inside without my tool being able to force it open.

I groaned yet again as I failed, tempted to slam the watch against my desk until it would simply pop open. If father could've seen me now... I thought to myself.

"Jungkook dinner!" I heard the first footman yell from the hallway.

I needed a moment to process Namjoon's words.

Dinner?! Had I truly spent the entire day reading on pocket watches and trying to open just one? I blinked, frozen as I let the thought sink in.

I shook myself out of my trance and decided to let my mind rest, laying the watch down before rising from my seat.

Dinner would boost my energy, and a break would clear my mind.

I left my room, my face lighting up immediatly when I noticed Taehyung leaving his bedroom at the exact same time.

"Hi!" I said with way too much enthousiasm, cringing at myself right away.

Taehyung chuckled when he noticed me. "Velike oči needs glasses?" He asked as he perked his eyebrows.

My breath halted in my throat and I removed the round spectacles from my face as quickly as I could. "T-they are my father's. I forgot to take them off," I laughed nervously before my smile fell, a dark shadow covering my heart. "Oh, I mean... I mean were... they were my... my father's..."