𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER ONE:THE WHITLOCK SIBLINGS

CHAPTER ONE:
THE WHITLOCK SIBLINGS

1863

EMMA WHITLOCK ALWAYS LOOKED up to her older brother. He was her role model. Emma was a young blonde that adored the outdoors. She wasn't like most girls in the town of Houston, Texas. She was the opposite of them to be exact. Where every girl in the town wanted some caring guy to sweep them of their feet, Emma didn't want that. She was different. She always had been after she had had her first kiss.

She had been fourteen, her friend, Damian, had always liked her. But Emma never shared the same feelings. When he had kissed her, she felt nothing. No spark. No tingling feeling that women would exclaim they would get whenever they were touched by a man. Emma Whitlock felt nothing but uncomfortable. Emma soon found out, that she wasn't into the male gender, instead she was interested in the same sex. How she knew this? Well, let's just say Emma's experiment with a girl named Jasmine lost her several friendships.

This made her scared for her safety. She knew of the hatred that the gays would receive and she didn't wish that upon herself―︎or anyone in fact―︎so she stayed hidden in the depths of her own personal closet. She knew that if her parents were to find out, they would surely abandon her and Emma didn't want that. She loved her family. Though, she loved her brother more than she did her parents.

Jasper was Emma's everything. He was there for her through everything. Supported her when she had told him that she was in fact a lesbian. Jasper said that deep down he had always known, and that no matter what he would always be there for her, just as she would be there for him. When Jasper was the age of seventeen―︎Emma being fifteen―︎he joined the confederate army. He would leave several months at a time, leaving Emma to take care of herself.

Emma missed her brother. She so desperately did. So, as soon as she became the mere age of sixteen, she became a nurse for the army. Now, her brother was highly against it, saying that she should stay home so that she wouldn't have to witness so much death and gore. Emma would always tell him that she was doing it to be closer to him.

Emma was surprised when she found herself actually enjoying being a nurse. She liked taking care of hurt people, it made her feel like she was playing her part in the town. She had become one of the best nurses that the state of Texas had seen, and she was proud of herself.

As Emma Whitlock was finishing up a stitch, the tent she had been stationed in opened to reveal her brother standing there. He watched silently as she worked. He was proud of her, Emma never failed to make him proud. She was a sweetheart that held such a kind nature to everyone and everything. She always wore a soft smile on her face when she was working, showcasing how much she enjoyed what she did.

When she finished the stitch, she carefully wrapped the soldiers arm in gauze, ignoring his attempts at trying to flirt with her. She sent the man a small smile before releasing him, leaving just the two Whitlock siblings in the tent. Emma stood up, cleaning up the area as Jasper walked over towards her.

Emma turned her head at the sounds of footsteps and her face immediately brightened at the sight of her brother. She sat the supplies in her hands down before quickly walking over to him and throwing her arms around him. Jasper chuckled as he hugged his little sister back. When they pulled away, a bright smile was on Emma's face.

"How's it like being the youngest Major in Texas?" Emma asked her now nineteen year old brother.

"Not so bad. How's being a nurse goin'?" Jasper asked her. Emma smiled as she shrugged her shoulders.

"It's good. I absolutely love it."

"I can tell." Jasper chuckled. Emma's smile widened. "I'm heading towards Galveston in the next few minutes, and I wanted to say hello before I left."

"Do you really have to go so far away?" Emma sighed, a slight frown forming on her face as her eyebrows furrowed in worry. Jasper nodded his head as he placed his hands on his sisters shoulders. She looked up at him as he sent her a gentle smile.

"Do not worry about me, love. I will be back before you know it." Jasper promised her. Emma bit the inside of her cheek.

"Promise?" Emma asked, holding out her pinkie. Jasper chuckled before nodding his head, latching his pinkie with hers.

"I promise."

"I'm holding it to you, Jazz." Emma pointed to him. Jasper smirked as he shook his head, placing his hat back on top of his head.

"Wouldn't expect anything less, Em." He gave his sister a kiss on the forehead before nodding at her and then exiting the tent.

The next month, Jasper Whitlock was reported missing.

856 words

Authors note: I'm so excited for this story you don't understanddd🥺 Rosalie is a literal goddess and Emma is my child that deserves everything. Also, thanks to -voidalexis for making the gifs!

I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter to Paranoid! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH