𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE:THE VOLTURI ARE COMING

CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE:
THE VOLTURI ARE COMING

RENESMEE LOOKED TO BE at least six now. The child was growing exponentially fast and Emma could tell that Edward and Bella were both worried about how much time they were going to have with her until she was a full grown adult. Jacob, Renesmee, and Bella went out walking due to the fact that it was snowing outside and the little girl wanted to catch snowflakes.

When the three came back, there was something off. Emma exchanged a look with Edward as the trio entered the room further.

"Did something happen?" Emma was curious. Her head tilted to the the side as her arms crossed over her chest.

"I saw Irina. Before I could talk to her, she ran off." Bella spoke. Emma nodded her head.

"I'll call Tanya." Emma mumbled before walking out of the room and doing just that. Tanya answered and explained to Emma that she had convinced Irina to apologize for her behavior. Emma entered the room where the rest of the family was residing, grabbing everyone's attention as she started to speak. "Tanya convinced Irina to reconcile with us."

"Well, it looks like she changed her mind." Edward said with a sigh as Emma took a seat beside her brother on the couch, his arm instantly wrapping around her as he continued to read his book.

"Seeing Jacob must've been too much for her." Esme pointed out.

"Seeing Jacob is too much for me in general." Emma mumbled, earning an eye roll from the wolf.

"I wish I could have just spoken to her." Bella said with a frown, taking her spot beside the piano where Edward was sitting, his daughter by his side.

"She's family, she'll come around." Carlisle assured the female before he turned back to his came of chess that he and Esme were playing. Amelia and Emmett stood in the corner, wrapped in each other's arms as Edward started to elegantly play the piano. Jacob stood away from the family, leaning against the wall but keeping his eyes on his imprint. Rosalie was sitting on the arm of the couch, listening to the music with a soft smile whilst also watching Renesmee as she played around with the keys. One of her hands was interlaced with Emma's and the latter continued to lean against Jasper. Alice was outside, probably picking more flowers for the new vase she had just gotten not too long ago.

The moment was peaceful, and refreshing; something the entire house of vampires could use. When Alice entered the home, her usual cheery smile faded from her face as a vision pulled her in. She gasped and the vase full of freshly picked flowers fell from her hands, shattering violently onto the hardwood floor. Emma was quick to move herself from her brother's embrace as he slammed his book closed and sped over to his mate with clear worry written on his face. Emma stood up, taking her place beside Rosalie and holding the blonde close to her as she looked at Alice with a small frown and furrowed eyebrows.