𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER ELEVEN:TRUST ME

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
TRUST ME

1948

EMMA WASN'T NECESSARILY ANGRY. She was just confused, upset, and didn't trust Mary Alice Brandon. She didn't understand how her brother could just trust this random vampire with his entire life as if they had known each other since forever. That's when Emma realized; she was scared.

Emma was scared that her brother was going to leave her for Alice like he left her for Maria. They had spent so much time in mending their relationship, that Emma didn't want Alice to show up and ruin that. Emma didn't like to be alone. She liked to know that she had her brother by her side and not by someone else's. Emma didn't want to lose the only thing that held importance to her―︎not including Peter and Charlotte that is.

Emma didn't like Mary Alice due to the fact that she was Jasper's so-called mate. Emma didn't trust her. Emma didn't believe her. She didn't want to. Emma didn't want another person to show up in her life only to either walk out of it or treat her like she was nothing. Emma didn't like to feel small. She didn't like to feel like she was invisible. She wanted someone to notice that she was there. That she was right there and that she was real. She wanted someone to appreciate her, tell her that she was the best thing that had ever happened. Emma wanted to be loved.

Yes, she had Jasper. But he was her brother. He had to love her because they shared the same DNA. That wasn't the love that Emma was talking about. Emma wanted someone to look at her like she was the only one in the world. Emma wanted someone to look her in the eyes, tell her that they loved her and that everything was going to be okay. Emma had never experienced that kind of love before.

Emma wanted to be able to kiss someone and feel like nothing else around them mattered. But Emma was also scared. She was scared to commit herself to that kind of love only for the other to not feel the same. She was scared that her love is going to turn out how Jasper and Maria's "love" turned out. She was scared to hurt someone. Emma thought of herself as a burden. And though she mostly held control over her gift, she was scared that she was going to somehow hurt her lover. She couldn't live with herself if she were to ever hurt those that she loved. Emma was scared of herself.

Emma didn't know where she was going. She had been caught up in her head again, that she wasn't paying attention to her surroundings. Emma looked around, unsure of her current location. She stopped when she came across a bench and decided to sit down. Her head was placed in her hands, her eyes were closed as her thoughts ran a thousand miles per hour.

She was thinking, and thinking, and thinking, that it made her powers flow from her hands. She wasn't looking as the wisps wrapped around objects, pulling them into the air. The more she thought the more it hurt. She let out a cry of agony as she fell off the bench and onto her knees. The power exploded from her hands, throwing things before the chaos disappeared again. She hadn't even noticed when her brother had sped up to her, kneeling on the ground in front of her and calling out her name.

"Emma? Emma look at me." He begged her, placing his hands on both sides of her face. Emma leaned into him and she held onto him like her life depended on it. This was another reason as to why Emma hated her gift. Whenever she thought too hard about something, her power would literally explode and send her into agony and heartbreak. Her insecurities would flow out as would her fears.

"It's alright." Jasper soothed her. "I'm right here."

"Don't leave me." Emma begged. "Please. I don't want to be alone."

"I'm not going to leave you. I'm right here." He promised her, holding her close. He gave his little sister a kiss on the top of the head. Jasper already regretted what happened when he turned Emma, but his guilt and regret only fueled him more when he saw her like this. He knew she was hurting, and it made him angry that he had made that promise to her; that he couldn't use his gift on her unless necessary. And though he would use it at that moment, he knew this was something she needed to get out. So, he sat there and held her.

Alice stood from afar, knowing the siblings needed a moment to themselves. Alice could tell how deeply the two cared for one another, and she knew that Emma didn't trust her. Alice knew that Emma was scared that she was going to rip Jasper away, but that wasn't what Alice wanted. Alice wanted a relationship with both the siblings. Alice knew that Emma was important to Jasper, vise versa, and all she wanted was to show her that she cared. She wanted to show Emma that she wanted to be there for both her and Jasper. Alice only held positive intentions, and sadly, Emma couldn't see that.

"I'm sorry." Emma whispered to her brother. "I'm sorry for running off like that. I'm sorry that you have to deal with me when I'm so messed up. I'm sorry-"

"Don't. Emma, you have nothing to be sorry for." Jasper assured her. He moved back enough so that he could lift Emma's chin up so that she would look at him. He sent her a reassuring smile. "Do not apologize for something you cannot control. You had a right to run off like you did. Em, do you trust me?"

"Yeah." She nodded her head.

"Then I need you to trust that Alice isn't going to do anything that would take me away from you. You don't have to trust her, but you have to trust me." Jasper calmly told his sister.

Emma looked at him, a mental debate going on in her head before she nodded her head slowly. "I trust you."

"You trust me?"

"Mhm." She nodded.

"It'll be okay." He assured her.

"Promise?" Emma whispered.

"Promise." He nodded. Jasper helped his sister up and allowed her to wrap her arms around his waist, leaning on him for support though she didn't need to. Jasper wrapped an arm around her shoulders as they walked back over to Alice. Alice―︎though hearing the entire conversation―︎looked at Jasper who just gave her a simple nod of the head. A small smile fell on her face before the trio started walking. For the moment, they didn't have a destination. For a moment, things were calm. And that's when the trio knew, everything was going to be okay.

 And that's when the trio knew, everything was going to be okay

1,160 words

Authors note: Emma deserves the world .

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH