𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWELVE:A FRESH START

CHAPTER TWELVE:
A FRESH START

1949

IT WAS HARD FOR Emma to get attached to this so called vegetarian diet. She and Jasper both were having a hard time, but Emma found herself not wanting to feast at all if she was going to be forced into the diet. Jasper was coping with it way better than Emma was―︎and that was saying a lot seeing as he himself was struggling with the diet.

Emma stood in the middle of the forest, stubbornly crossing her arms over her chest as her brother and his mate went hunting. That's what Emma was supposed to be doing, but she was sure that she would vomit the blood back up if she had to taste one more ounce of it. Alice appeared beside of Emma―︎Jasper still hunting.

"Em, you should eat." Alice encouraged.

"What have I told you about calling me by my nickname?" Emma seethed. That's right, Emma still didn't trust Alice even though she had been with the two Whitlock siblings for a year.

"Emma." Alice sighed.

"You should've stayed away from us. You should've stayed so far away from us. We were good until you came along." Emma growled at her.

"Why don't you trust me?" Alice frowned.

"It's not just the fact that I don't trust you Mary Alice, it's the fact that I don't like you." Emma snapped at her. "My brother doesn't spend time with me anymore because he's so tightly wrapped around your goddamn finger that he doesn't care about me. I'm always put on the back burner when it comes to you. I'm always second best because of you. I hate you. God, I hate you so much!"

"Emma, that's not true-"

"Don't." Emma bitterly laughed. "Please don't try to pull the innocent card on me."

"Emma, you're not listening to me!" Alice snapped at her. "I'm not trying to pull an innocent card! You won't listen to me! I'm just trying to be a friend! I'm trying to be there for you! I'm trying to help, but you keep pushing me away! If you would stop being so paranoid for two seconds and realize that I'm not trying to hurt your relationship with your brother, then you would realize that all I'm trying to do is help!"

"Bullshit." Emma glared at her.

"It's not bullshit, Emma. It's the truth." Alice told her. She was begging Emma to hear her, to just listen. That's all Alice wanted. Alice liked Emma, she knew that underneath that rough exterior was a sweet girl that cared and loved with her entire heart. Alice looked at the stubborn girl and let out a soft sigh. "Emma, I know you don't like me. But I'm trying here, I really am. And. . . maybe I'm going out of line here asking this, but it would be nice to know that you're somewhat trying to get used to me too."

"Everything alright?" Jasper appeared beside of the two girls. Emma sighed before she sent her brother a small smile.

"Yeah, everything's fine. I'm going to go hunt." Emma told them before turning and speeding off. Alice couldn't help but smile slightly, the first step had officially been taken. Now, slowly but surely, their friendship was only going to grow from there.

Emma ran through the woods until she found her prey. She quickly pounced, biting the neck of the bear that she had attack. She drained the bear dry and pulled away, wiping the blood from her mouth. She sat there beside of the bear and ran a hand through her hair. Emma closed her eyes and let out a deep breath. She knew Alice was right. She needed to stop being stubborn. She needed to trust Alice. She needed to do it for her brother. His happiness needed to be her main focus. And Alice was the one that gave him happiness, and Emma needed to accept that.

Emma was slowly starting to realize that Alice was nothing like Maria. Alice was sweet and enthusiastic and always tried to bring Emma up instead of drag her down. Emma realized that she needed to just let it go. Emma knew that if she were to keep living like this, then she wasn't going to ever be happy. She was always going to be closed off, and stubborn, and paranoid. But she needed to realize when to be all of those things, with who to be all of those things to.

Emma sat there, having a mental debate with herself before she nodded her head. She got up and found Jasper and Alice again. The two offered her a small smile to which she sent back. "Hey, Alice, can I borrow your for a moment?"

Alice and Jasper exchanged looks. This was the first time that Emma had actually called her Alice instead of Mary, Mary Alice, or Brandon. Alice nodded her head. "Sure."

Emma and Alice walked a distance away from Jasper before Emma stopped and turned to face Alice. Alice furrowed her eyebrows at the girl as she held out her hand. "We should start over." Emma tells her. "So. . . Hi, I'm Emma Whitlock."

Alice smiled as she shook Emma's hand. "Hi, I'm Mary Alice, but you can just call me Alice."

876 words

876 words

Authors note: Look at Emma and Alice making progress🥺 If I'm not mistaken, I do believe we will get to meet our blonde goddess in the next chapter.

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH