𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:ROSALIE HALE

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:
ROSALIE HALE

1950

ROSALIE HALE HAD NEVER been nervous around someone. She hadn't been nervous around Alice nor Jasper when the two introduced themselves―︎explaining their gifts and all of that. It was when Emma had walked into the room that everything shifted. Rosalie was nervous around her. Her beautiful golden eyes, her long blonde hair that fell a few inches below her shoulders, her figure, everything about Emma Whitlock was absolutely admirable.

She didn't know what it was that she was feeling, but every time she looked at Emma, a feeling took over her body―︎one that she didn't understand. When she had caught Emma's eyes, it felt like they were the only two in the room. Rosalie was sure that she could stare at Emma all day and never get bored. Rosalie could tell that Emma was nervous. That there was a lot of emotion hiding underneath that exterior that was starting to reform.

While everyone was getting to know Alice and Jasper more, bringing up a conversation every now and then that would get them talking, Emma stayed away and kept to herself. As Emma sat in the corner, looking out of the window and towards the woods, Rosalie exchanged a look with Amelia. The two held a silent conversation through their eyes before eventually, Amelia nodded.

"Care to join us, we were just about to go for a hunt?" Amelia asked Jasper and Alice. Emmett gave her a questioning look to which Amelia only nodded towards Rosalie and then to Emma.

"We would love to." Alice smiled, nudging Jasper who nodded his head in response.

"Eddie, you wanna join?" Amelia asked, though she held another message that only he could read in her mind. The said vampire glanced over at Emma and then looked at Rosalie before he nodded his head. Amelia smiled before taking Emmett's hand and dragging him out of the home, followed by Edward.

"Em, you wanna join?" Jasper asked. Emma glanced at him before shaking her head. He nodded before walking out with Alice, leaving just Emma and Rosalie in the room―︎Carlisle and Esme having gone upstairs. The blonde went back to looking out the window, her hand subconsciously playing with a tiny ball of chaos magic in between two of her fingers. Rosalie watched her gift in awe before taking a deep breath and nodding slightly to herself. She tried to build up her confidence but every time she looked at Emma, it dwindled. Emma was absolutely drop dead gorgeous, and Rosalie didn't know if the girl knew that or not.

"Is there something that you want?" Emma's soft yet rough voice spoke, a hint of an accent falling from her lips. It made Rosalie's knees go weak, but she wouldn't show that. She didn't even know the blonde beauty and yet she was literally falling on her knees for her.

"No, not really." Rosalie's delicate and smooth voice caught Emma off guard. She knew the blonde goddess was beautiful, but she didn't know that her voice would be just as beautiful. Emma wondered what else was beautiful when it came to Rosalie. Emma quickly shoved the thoughts away as she glanced at the other blonde in the room. Emma cocked a perfect eyebrow at the blonde.

"I guess I didn't really hear much about you and wanted to know more." Rosalie shrugged her shoulders. Emma looked at her as her thoughts started to yell at her. It was telling her to push the girl away, to not trust her, to be paranoid. Emma was close to giving in, and she wanted to, but she also wanted to know more about the blonde goddess in front of her and that was the side of her that was winning. Emma stopped playing with her magic as she nodded her head.

"Alright." She softly said. Rosalie was surprised, thinking that it was going to be a lot harder to know about the girl. "What do you want to know? Shall we start with the simple things or the heart wrenching things?" Her voice held a slight distaste in them and Rosalie nodded her head. Maybe this was going to be harder than she thought.

She cleared her throat. "Uh, simple things I guess. You and Jasper are siblings?"

"Yes. He's two years older than I." Emma answered.

Rosalie hesitantly asked her next question. "So you were. . ."

"Seventeen when it happened." Emma answered. She looked at Rosalie. "What about you?"

"Nineteen." She answered. "Favorite color?"

"Depends. Usually a lavender or a soft pink." Emma answered. "How old are you really?"

"I'm only 36." Rosalie answered. Emma cocks an eyebrow.

"My, how young you are." Emma mused.

"How old are you?" Rosalie cocked her head to the side, not even aware when she had taken a seat beside of the younger Whitlock sibling.

"104 I do believe." Emma answered.  "Once it got passed fifty I sorta stopped keeping track."

Rosalie looked at her for a moment, studying her sharp jawline and her very active eyes. She was so perfect in Rosalie's eyes, but Emma didn't think so. Emma thought she was a monster, especially with everything that she's done in the past, all the people that she's tortured. That's what Emma was thinking about. And her next words confused Rosalie greatly as the girl's words were a sign of her shutting people away.

"You shouldn't talk to me." Emma tells her. "I don't want you to get close to me just so that I can let someone else down."

"But-"

"Just leave me alone, please." Emma snapped, though her voice got softer with the last word. Emma turned her body so that she could look back out of the window. Rosalie frowned as she looked at the blonde before she got up and walked away, leaving Emma to sit there and think; something that she should never be allowed to do.

 Rosalie frowned as she looked at the blonde before she got up and walked away, leaving Emma to sit there and think; something that she should never be allowed to do

985 words

Authors note: We love a difficult Emma 🙃 She and Rosalie have a complicated relationship. The way that I'm writing the chapters seems like I'm speeding into things when really there's a bunch of time gaps so make sure you look out for that!

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH