𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO:WOLF STENCH

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO:
WOLF STENCH

THE NEXT DAY, EMMA sat on the couch with a book in her hand. She had been cooped up in Rosalie's bedroom since last night, spending much needed alone time with her wife. And though Rosalie enjoyed her time with Emma, the blonde had promised Amelia and Alice she would go shopping with them, and shopping wasn't really Emma's thing. The blonde beauty would much rather stay cooped up in the house and read a book for hours on end then go out in public to look at pretty clothing that was so bright it made her nauseous.

"What, no shopping with the others?" Jasper asked as he entered the living room where Emma was placed. Emma glanced up from the thick book she was reading to look at her brother, her nose scrunched up.

"Rosalie and Amelia shop for me, even when I'm with them. So, there's no point. And besides, it involves going in public. And I hate people. So there's that as well." Emma said as she shrugged her shoulders. Jasper shot her an amused smile.

"Care if I join you?" He quizzed. Emma shook her head at him before looking back down at her book. Jasper joined her on the couch, throwing an arm on the back of the couch and allowing Emma to lean into his side as she read the black printed words. Of course as she was reading, her mind was distracted by the events of yesterday. She was still nervous and scared for the confrontation she knew she was going to be having with her past soon. Jasper furrowed his eyebrows when he took note of Emma's emotions. He glanced down at his sister and noticed that her eyes had stopped moving back and forth, and that her lip was pulled between her teeth. It was always a nervous habit of hers.

"Em, what's wrong?"

Emma blinked in surprise at the sudden sound of Jasper's voice, completely forgetting that he was right there beside her. Emma shook her head, offering her brother a small smile. "Nothing's wrong. Just. . . nervous for the battle that's all."

Jasper, knowing it was lie, decided to play along. "I don't know why, you beat me in training. You can clearly kick those newborns asses, you've had years of training anyways." Emma winced at the mention of her past. "Mhm, so what's the truth?"

Emma sighed as she bookmarked her page and then closed her book, sitting it beside her. She moved her head back to lean against the back of the couch. "I told Swan that if she found out your story then she could find out. So, thanks for telling her literally three days after I said that to her. I appreciate it."

"Well, I'm sorry. I wasn't aware of this deal." Jasper defended.

"I know. I just. . . I don't think I'm ready to go back down memory lane. It was such a bad time back then, and I. . . I don't know. I'm just scared to confront it, I guess." Emma shrugged her shoulders, a frown pulling at her lips.

"Sis, you don't have to tell her anything. Wait until you're ready. Don't make yourself uncomfortable like you always do."

"But then I'd be going back on my word-"