𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE:WE WILL FIGHT

WE WILL FIGHT

"WHEN ARO WANTS SOMEONE from a coven, it's not long before evidence turns up proving that coven committed some crime." Eleazar spoke. It was dark outside as the vampires all stood around and listened. Emma's arms were wrapped securely around Rosalie's waist almost like she was trying to reassure the girl, when she was trying to reassure herself as well.

"So he's done this before?" Bella asked.

"It happens so rarely, I never realized it was a pattern." Eleazar responded to the brunette.

"Apparently he always pardons one person whose thoughts he claims are repenting." Carlisle continues.

"This person always has an ability, and always given a place with the guard." Eleazar finished.

"This is all about Alice, he has no one like her." Edward spoke before sharing a silent conversation with Emma. She bit her lip, trying to keep the worried frown from forming on her face.

"Which is why she left." Bella realized.

"But why does he need witnesses?" Emmett asked as Amelia wrapped her arms around him. He placed an arm over her shoulders in response.

"To spread the word that justice has been served, after he slaughters an entire coven." Alastair spoke.

"Ah, so he speaks." Emma stated with a raised eyebrow.

"Benjamin, Tia, we're leaving." Amun said, standing up.

"And where will you go?" Edward asked, looking at him. "What makes you think they'll be satisfied with Alice? What's to stop them from going after Benjamin next? Or Emma, or Zafrina, or Kate, or anyone else with a gift, anyone they want. Their goal isn't punishment, it's about power, it's acquisition. Carlisle might not ask you to fight, but I will. For the sake of my family, but also for yours, and for the way you wanna live." There was silence as Edward scanned the room.

Jacob was the fist to stand up. "The packs will fight. We've never been afraid of vampires."

"You coulda just, I don't know, left out the second part." Emma told him with the roll of her eyes.

Then the Denali's all stood up and Tanya nodded her head towards Edward. "We will fight."

"This won't be the first time I've fought a king's rule." Garret said, removing himself from the wall.

"We will join you." Benjamin stated.

"No." Amun disagreed. Benjamin turned his head to look at him.

"I will do the right thing, Amun. You may do as you please."

"We will stand with you." One of the nomads stated.