𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER FIFTY:TRAINING SESSION

CHAPTER FIFTY:
TRAINING SESSION

EMMA SEARCHED HER CLOSET before finding appropriate clothes to wear for the training session that was supposed to be taking place in the next few minutes. She pulled on some black jeans and a long-sleeved grey shirt so that it could cover up her scars that were on her arms. The sun was out and even though they would still be covered by the shade of the trees, just the slightest hint of sunlight forced her scars to appear on her body. She pulled her hair up to be in a high ponytail before she looked at herself through the mirror of her bathroom. Her golden eyes stared back at her, flashing a deep red that caused her to wince and look away.

She was all for helping her family and training them how to protect themselves against the newborns, but the training part just brought back bad memories that she didn't want to deal with. Jasper, having felt her emotions from all the way outside, entered the home and quickly went into his sisters room. He saw her looking down at the sink, her hands clutched tightly onto the edge. He knew how she felt. Even if he didn't have his gift, he would've understood what she had been feeling. They went through hell way back when, and he knew the mere thought of newborns would plague her mind of the nightmare Maria put her through.

Jasper walked up behind her and she looked up, catching his eyes through the mirror. Emma turned to face him, looking up at him with sad and pain filled eyes. He nodded his head in understanding before pulling her into a hug. Emma hugged him back, nuzzling her head into his chest. She needed the comfort of her brother. Just for a moment, and then she would be fine. She had to be. Jasper gave her a kiss on the side of the head before pulling away and looking down at her. No words were spoken between the two as they had a silent conversation with their eyes. Emma nodded her head, silently telling him that she was okay. He nodded in response before wrapping an arm around her shoulders and walking back outside.

At the sight of her family, a smile fell on her face. They were the ones that brought her happiness. They were the ones that made her feel okay. They were the ones that made her feel like her. So, she needed to protect them at all cost, and if that meant training them so that they could kick this newborn army's ass, then so be it. Jasper left Emma's side as he and Emmett started to train with one another. Rosalie walked over to her, wrapping her arms around Emma's waist.

"You okay?" Her soft and gentle voice grabbed Emma's attention. Emma looked at her and gave her a small smile as she nodded her head.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Rosalie nodded her head before the two went back to watching Jasper and Emmett fight. Jasper threw Emmett to the ground for the third time, his body sliding across the dirt before he hopped up, looking at Jasper with a determined look.

"Again!"

"He just doesn't give up, does he?" Emma asked, glancing over at Amelia. She shook her head, crossing her arms over her chest. A small smile was pulling at her lips.