𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR:BAD INFLUENCE

BAD INFLUENCE

SUMMER FLEW BY QUICKLY. Rosalie and Emma were gone for most of it, wanting to get away from Forks for awhile and have time to themselves. They visited all over. Going from London, to Germany, all the way back to Hawaii. They absolutely loved it. They got to relish in each other's presence. There was no interruptions, and Emma was constantly smiling and laughing. It was the best thing Rosalie could ever ask for. She honestly wished that Emma didn't have to go back for her last year of Forks High. Rosalie wished she could stay there with her wife forever. She enjoyed it when Emma was like this, happy and not irritated with everyone and everything.

They were going to leave in the morning, so the married couple stayed outside. They had a beach house that was hidden from all of the others. The sun's rays painted their bodies, which were exposed by the two piece bathing suits the two women were wearing. Emma's scars were becoming visible. The bites trailed around her body. Most of them were on her wrists and forearms, then there were the others. A few were scattered along her torso, two on her collarbone, and one on her thigh.

Her brother held a lot more than she did, but she still held them and it made her annoyed with her own body. She wanted to cover them up, for they brought back harsh memories that Emma so desperately wanted to get rid of. Rosalie, however, adored them. She claimed they were what made Emma into the strong person that she was now. The blonde goddess traced the battle scars with her finger, a small smile dancing on her lips.

She traced every single scar, mesmerized by the way they so delicately decorated her wife's skin. It made Emma smile. Emma was sure that if it wasn't for the blonde that was laying beside her, she would be way more insecure and way more closed off. Rosalie helped her open up. Rosalie saved her from herself and she couldn't be more happy about that. Rosalie was her everything, but no matter what, there would always be this voice in the back of her head that claimed Rosalie deserved better.

"I don't want to leave." Emma whispered, staring intently at the ocean as the small waves hit against the hot sand. The sun forced glitter to form inside the fluorescent blue waves, forcing them to glare brightly at Emma before they disappeared against the sand. "I want to stay here with you. I want to be away from that human and her danger." She looked down at her wife that was tracing patterns over her skin. Rosalie glanced up at her. "Can we stay here forever?"

Rosalie softly smiled at the girl's words. "I would love nothing more than to be here with you, my love. But sadly, you still have a year left at school."

"Don't remind me." Emma sighed.

"Besides, I'm sure by now that Jasper would like to see his sister and know that she's alive seeing as she ignored all of his phone calls." Rosalie retorted with a joking smirk.

"If I wasn't alive he would have felt it." Emma simply responded with the shrug of her shoulders. Rosalie let out an amused chuckle. "Technically, I'm not alive at all. I'm dead. But I'm alive. You know, I've never realized how complicated that is."