𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE:THERE IS NO ONE ELSE

THERE IS NO ONE ELSE

ROSALIE IMMEDIATELY REGRETTED HER words after she said them. And now, she was getting snapped at for it by Emma's brother. Jasper Whitlock-Hale was not one to raise his voice, especially towards a female. He was taught better than that. But he couldn't help himself to be irritated with Rosalie. She had run Emma out of the house, just when she was getting around to being herself again.

"Jasper, I'm sorry." Rosalie told him. "I was upset because she hadn't talked to me and- I don't know, okay. I didn't mean to say those things. It was harsh-"

"Damn right it was." Jasper snarled. "I do not care if you're her wife, her mate, whatever. You do not get to say things like that to her. She's my sister and I promised to protect her from the cruel things in this world, and right now one of those things are you. So please, just don't." Rosalie winced at his harsh tone and watched as he left the home in search for Emma. Alice gave the girl a reassuring smile, rubbing her arm comfortingly.

"She'll come back, right?" Rosalie asked with worry, glancing at the pixie.

"Yeah, she'll come back. She always does." Alice said with a soft sigh.

"Wait, what does that mean?" Rosalie asked.

"It means what it always means. You know Emma, she runs away all the time, but she comes back. She couldn't leave Jasper for too long before feeling empty. She ran away all the time before we joined. Sadly, she's a runner. She runs from her problems, but she always come back." Alice explained before walking away. Rosalie stood there, a mental debate going on in her head before she made her decision. She quickly left the home in search for the two siblings.

"Do I really not show that I love her? Am I really that bad of a wife?" Emma asked, looking at her brother with sad eyes. She paced around in the snow with a deep frown on her face. She was starting to fall into her mind and Jasper wouldn't allow that. Jasper grabbed hold of her shoulders, stopping her pacing so that she would look at him.

"Emma, look at me. You are an amazing wife and you do show that you love her. Very much, might I add. There was that one decade-"

"Yep, got it." Emma assured, patting his chest with her hand. "Gotta say though, that was a fun decade."

Jasper cringed. "I do not want to hear about my little sisters sex life."

"And I don't want to hear about yours. But, you're my brother and I have no one else to talk to about this. Besides, it could be worse. If it were a guy-"

"Don't finish that sentence." Jasper warned. Emma smiled in amusement.

"See, I enjoy these conversations."

"Well, I do not." Jasper countered. Emma snickered at his disgust. The smile fell from her face at the sound of footsteps. The two siblings turned their heads to see Rosalie standing there. A warning snarl fell from Jasper's lips and Rosalie snarled back.

"I thought I told you to stay away." Jasper said through clenched teeth. Emma wasn't all that surprised at her brother's behavior. He was kind, sweet, and caring most of the time, but it didn't matter who you are. If it involved somehow hurting Emma, whether that was physically or mentally, then he would turn the complete opposite. He was extremely protective of her, he always had been. Even if it was Alice, Emma wouldn't be surprised if Jasper snapped at her for hurting his sister. She was his flesh and blood, and she had already witnessed way too much pain in her life. And if he could hopefully stop her from experiencing anymore, he would.

"You can't keep me away from her, Jasper. She's my mate, and my wife." Rosalie responded. Jasper took a daring step forward.

"Want to test that theory?"

"Jazz, it's alright." Emma said, placing a hand on his shoulder. Jasper glared at Rosalie before looking at his sibling, his gaze immediately turning soft. Emma sent him a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, Jazz. I'll be fine."

"If you need anything-"

"I know. I'll yell for you." She softly said. He reluctantly nodded his head before giving her a kiss on the top of the head. He took the chance to glare at Rosalie one more time before leaving the two by themselves. Emma looked at Rosalie, offering her a kind smile. Rosalie shook her head.

"No, you don't get to do that." Rosalie said. Emma's smile was replaced with a frown.

"Do what?"

"You don't get to smile at me like I'm the best thing in the world. Not after what I said." Rosalie told her with a frown. Emma's eyebrow's furrowed.

"But you are. . ." Emma took a step closer toward her. "What you said was reasonable. It's alright. But you need to know that no matter what, you will always be mine. You're my wife. My girl. No one else will ever have that title. Only you. Because there is no one else." Emma paused as a small smile fell over her face. "I'm going to quote someone that I know very well. I want you. You're perfect. I couldn't want anything or anyone else. I want you."

"I'm sorry." Rosalie apologized.

"And I already told you, it's alright." Emma responded.

"We should go somewhere." Rosalie spoke. Emma cocked an eyebrow.

"Oh? Do tell."

"Maybe we should go to France just to make Amelia jealous." Rosalie smirked.

"Still can't get over the fact that she was born in France, yet has no accent whatsoever." Emma mused. "But I could hear her speak French all day."

"France it is then." Rosalie smiled. Emma nodded.

"France it is. For two months." Emma spoke. Rosalie nodded at her before a silence fell over them. Rosalie looked nervous and it brought Emma delight and amusement. She smirked.

"Nervous about something, darlin'?" Emma asked, cocking her head to the side. Emma took a teasing step towards the girl and then another until they were mere inches apart. Emma puckered her lips, earning a laugh from Rosalie before she leaned in to connect Emma's lips with her own.

1,047 words

1,047 words

Authors note: I love them, so much. Also, Jasper being protective of Emma has my heart.

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH