𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER THREE:FOREVER AND ALWAYS

CHAPTER THREE:
FOREVER AND ALWAYS

1863

SHE AWOKE WITH A flare of panic and confusion. She didn't understand where she was. Staring at the unfamiliar ceiling, she took notice of how heightened her senses were. She could see every detail about the ceiling above her. She could see the dust feathering the corners of the room and she could her the loud dripping of water being splashed against metal. It made her cringe for a moment.

What happened? Wasn't she in the woods? And then it came back to her. She had found her brother, but he wasn't her brother. He was something else. He didn't have his beautiful chocolate orbs, but instead he had terrifying red ones that made shivers crawl up her spine. She sat up, much faster than she intended too. She found that she no longer needed to breathe in the air, but she did anyways as she was beginning to feel paranoid.

The sounds of footsteps filled her ears and before she could see who the person was, her hands immediately shot out, omitting a scarlet energy that sent the person flying into the wall. Emma's eyes widened as she looked at her hands. Did that just happen? Was she imagining that power? The person stood up and Emma was surprised to see Jasper standing there, his eyes widened slightly in shock.

Emma took a step back as she swallowed thickly, once she did that, she noticed the sudden burning in her throat. A hand immediately wrapped around her throat as the burning continued to grow worse and worse.

"Jasper, what's happening? What did you do to me?" Emma cried, though she realized she could no longer produce tears that would fall from her eyes. Instead her eyes would just be painted with gloss to show off her saddened emotion.

"Emma-" He took a step closer, but she took a step back. She was afraid, and confused, and sad, and angry all at the same time. But mostly, she was scared.

"What did you do to me, Jasper?" Emma asked again, her voice shaking slightly as the words escaped her mouth. Jasper, though he didn't want to, sent a wave of calmness towards her and watched as she slowly started to relax.

"I'm so sorry, Em. I lost control." Jasper explained to her with saddened eyes. She had a right to be scared of him, to be mad at him.

"What do you mean you lost control? And why does my throat burn?" Emma asked. Suddenly, a beautiful brunette stepped out behind Jasper and Emma looked at her, immediately her paranoia flared up. The woman sent her a kind and soft smile that made Emma less tense.

"Emma, correct?" Her voice was soft and smooth as she spoke. Emma nodded her head. "I'm Maria, Jasper's mate."

"Mate?" Emma asked, cocking her head to the side. Maria nodded before walking forward, a cup held in her hands. She slowly made her way towards Emma, not wanting to frighten the poor girl by speeding over towards her.

"Here, drink this. It should help some." Maria handed her the cup. Emma looked down and her eyes widened at the red substance that was in the cup. She looked at Maria and Jasper with shock.

"Is this. . ."

"Blood? Yes." Maria nodded. "Emma, you are a vampire."

"A v-vampire?" Emma stuttered. Maria softly smiled as she nodded.

"Yes. And it seems that you contain a special gift like your brother." Maria explained. "Why don't you drink up and then, I'll explain everything."

Emma looked at her before slowly nodding her head. Emma glanced down at the liquid before she slowly brought the cup to her mouth. The red substances slid down her throat, bringing her immense satisfaction causing her to close her eyes in delight. Once the cup was empty, Emma handed it back to Maria causing the girl to chuckle. Maria quickly swiped her thumb across the corner of Emma's mouth, wiping the blood off so that it was now on her thumb. Maria quickly licked the blood from her finger, closing her eyes in satisfaction.

"Come along, Jasper and I have a lot to discuss with you." Maria explained before turning and walking over towards Jasper. Maria grabbed his hand before walking out of the room, slowly, Emma followed them.

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

Emma found out that she could control something called chaos magic as well as reality warping. She could either show you your best memory or your worst nightmare. Maria and Jasper explained to her everything there was about being a vampire. She had to hunt humans and drink their blood to survive. She held inhuman speed, strength, and all of her senses were heightened.

Emma also found out that Jasper held a gift known as pathokinesis. He could control people's emotions as well as feel them. Maria, realizing the siblings needed a moment alone, sent them both a kind smile before leaving the room. Jasper glanced at his sister who was focusesd on the scarlet energy that was surrounding her hand.

"I'm sorry, Emma. I didn't mean to turn you into. . . this." Jasper told her. Emma stopped messing with the energy before turning her head to look at him. She gave her brother a soft smile.

"It's alright, Jazz."

"It's not alright, Emma. I killed you. My own sister." Jasper muttered, placing his head in his hands. Emma frowned before moving so that she was directly beside of him. "I will never forgive myself for what I did to you."

"Jasper, look at me." Emma's soft voice forced him to look at her. She sent him a gentle smile as she placed her hand on his shoulder. "You had no control, and I know you didn't hurt me on purpose. Like I said before, I will never leave you no matter what. You are my brother and I will always be here for you, understand?"

Jasper looked at her as he shook his head. "I don't deserve to have a sister like you."

"And I don't deserve to have a brother like you. You're my family, Jazz, and you always will be." Jasper turned so that he could hug her. He buried his face into her shoulder as he tightly closed his eyes. Emma smiled as she hugged him back.

"I love you, Emmy." He mumbled into her shoulder. Emma chuckled at the nickname he would always call her when they were much younger.

"I love you too, Jazzy. Forever and always."

1,080 words

1,080 words

Authors note: Emma and Jasper's relationship is everything and Maria is going to mess it all up🥺🥺

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH