𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE:LEAVING FOR ALASKA

LEAVING FOR ALASKA

EMMA SAT IN HER room, her legs pulled up to her chest as she stared blankly at the wall. She had just come back from hunting and explained to her mother the situation before quickly hiding away in her room. No matter how much Emma hated a person, she would never want to purposely attack them. Just the thought made her scold herself. Sure, Emma would joke about killing someone, but she would never do it. She didn't want to be that type of person, not again. It brought back bad memories.

Emma didn't know how long she had been sitting there, but the sound of two cars pulling into the driveway caught her attention. She still didn't move.

"Where's Emma?" Rosalie immediately asked as soon as she walked into the home.

"She's upstairs in her room. She won't leave." Esme told her with a frown.

"I need to leave." Emma could hear Edward's voice.

"What? Why?" Amelia asked.

"The newgirl, Isabella Swan, she's Edward's blood singer." Alice's voice piped up.

"I sit beside her in my biology class. Emma and I have that class together, and Isabella stepped in front of the fan just as Emma had inhaled. I was sure that Emma was going to attack her." Edward explained to the family. "Her blood it's so. . . I need to leave. I'll go up to the Denali's, stay with them until I can control myself."

"And leave Emma in that room with the human. With no supervision?" Rosalie snarled.

"We should wait till Carlisle gets home before we decide anything." Esme quickly stated. "Jasper, you or Rose need to try to get Emma out of her room and talk to her."

"Jazz, you should do it." Alice stated.

"She needs her brother." Amelia agreed. In the matter of seconds, the twist of Emma's bedroom door could be heard. However, it didn't open due to the fact that it was locked.

"Em." Jasper's voice could be heard on the other side of the door. "Emma, let me in." Emma glanced at her door before turning back to the wall. She shot out her hand, allowing her chaos magic to unlock the doorknob. The door opened and Jasper popped his head in. He looked at his sister and a frown immediately fell over his features. He closed the door behind him and walked up to her.

"What happened?" He asked gently, sitting on the bed beside her. Though he already knew, he wanted to hear Emma speak.

"I almost lost control. That's what happened." Emma whispered. She felt so ashamed of herself.

"But you didn't." Jasper reminded her, his voice soft as he spoke to her. Emma looked at him, her eyes glossed over with tears that would never fall.

"But what if I did?" Emma asked, her voice cracking. "I would have ruined everything for all of us. I couldn't help it. Jazz, her blood smells so sweet and inviting and I couldn't help myself."

"Emma, stop talking like you attacked her. You didn't. You restrained yourself. You had control." Jasper sternly told her. "You did nothing wrong, do you understand."

"Maybe I should go with Edward to Alaska." Emma softly said. "I don't think I'd be able to restrain myself if he weren't there."

"Whatever you think is right." Jasper assured her. He pulled her into him, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and giving her a kiss on the top of the head. "We will all support your decision."

Not a few minutes later, another car pulled into the driveway. Knowing it was Carlisle, the brother and sister left Emma's room and walked down the steps, Jasper's arm never leaving her shoulders. They were all gathered in the living room as they waited for Carlisle to enter the home, Emma and Edward were having a silent conversation. She had asked him in her head if he didn't mind her coming with him. He shook his head, telling her that he didn't mind.

Even if Emma and Edward never got along, they were still there for one another when they were needed. And in this moment, Emma needed him to be there for her so he was. Emma left the arms of her brother and walked over to a worried Rosalie. Rosalie's eyes met hers as she held Emma's face in her hands. Emma's hands latched gently around her wrist, silently telling the blonde that she was going to leave with Edward. Rosalie reluctantly nodded before giving Emma a kiss and then wrapping her arms around her as Carlisle entered the room.

The doctor immediately wrapped an arm around his wife's waist as Edward explained the situation to him. He told Carlisle his plan of going to Alaska, and that Emma was going to come with him. Carlisle nodded in understanding.

"I'll call the Denali's, tell them you're coming." Carlisle said before leaving the room. They all departed, Emma and Rosalie going into Rosalie's room so that Emma could pack whilst Edward did the same in his own room.

"You'll call me when you get there, right?" Rosalie asked, watching as Emma went back and forth from the closet, placing clothes into the black suitcase.

"I promise." Emma told her. She packed a sweater of Rosalie's so that Emma could still smell her scent. She was going to miss her wife, but she knew that she needed to do this for not only her sake, but for her family's. She wasn't going to be the one that blew their cover. Emma zipped up the suitcase and turned to face Rosalie who had her arms crossed over her chest, a frown plastered on her face. Emma walked up to her, placing her hand on both of her shoulders.

"I'll be back before you know it." Emma promised. Emma gave her a loving kiss that Rosalie relished in. She didn't want Emma to leave, but she knew that she had to.

"I love you, call me everyday." Rosalie softly said. Emma nodded and sent her a small smile.

"I love you too, and I will." She gave her another peck on the lips before grabbing her suitcase and walking down the steps, Rosalie following close behind. Emma walked outside where Edward was already waiting. He took her suitcase from her, placing it in the trunk. Emma walked to the passengers side of Edward's Volvo, and glanced at Rosalie offering her a small smile before entering the vehicle.

Edward got in the driver's side and cranked the car before pulling out of the driveway. And just like that, the two were on their way to Alaska.

 And just like that, the two were on their way to Alaska

1,104 words

Authors note: Time to go to Alaska!

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH