𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT:BACK TO NORMAL

BACK TO NORMAL

THEY STAYED WITH THE Denali's in Alaska. Emma was distant from everyone. Edward was gone god knows where. He only called in every other month to inform the family that he was okay. Emma watched as the snow fell from the sky. The month of December was coming right around the corner and Emma had yet to talk to anyone, not even Kate, or her brother. She was silent. Rosalie, as well as the rest of the family, was worried about Emma. She hadn't been this closed off since the first time she, Alice, and Jasper all came to join the coven.

The snow continued to pile up on the ground, inches and inches of snow and not a strand of grass in sight. The evergreen trees clashed with the white glow of the ice that littered the ground, mesmerizing in every way possible. This was a distraction for Emma. A simple distraction that gave her the chance to get away from everyone.

They had all tried to talk to the girl, but she would simply ignore them. She was insulting herself in her head. If Edward were there he would wince at her thoughts. Emma was sure that by December, she would come out of this current state, for December was her favorite month of the year. She never understood why December always made her so happy. It must've been something that had happened in her human life that she had simply forgot had happened.

However, Kate wasn't having it. Emma let out a yelp of surprise when a sudden bolt of electricity rippled through her body. She jumped up from her seat in surprise and turned on her heel to glare at Kate.

"What the hell was that for?" Emma asked, rubbing the spot where Kate had electrocuted her.

"This depression thing, it needs to stop, and it needs to stop now." Kate tells her, not daring to beat around the bush. Kate knew that if the others had tried to talk to Emma, they would just be gentle with their words. But not Kate. Kate knew that her bluntness would hopefully put the girl back to somewhat normal.

"I'm not in a depression." Emma defended. Kate gave her a blank look.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Well that's bullshit."

"It's not bullshit."

"Dude, all I'm asking is for you to smile. A real smile." Kate tells her. "Stop sulking around because of something you couldn't control. It is not your fault." Emma frowns and looks to the ground as she crosses her arms over her chest. Kate sighed before taking a step closer to her. She placed her hands on both of Emma's shoulders before speaking once more. "Your family is worried about you, Em. I'm worried about you. Rose and Jasper are especially worried about you. I know that you feel bad about what happened, and honestly I would be kind of worried if you didn't. You keep telling yourself that you're a monster, right? Well guess what, monsters don't feel guilty and sorry for the wrong thing they have done. So stop thinking that you're something that you're not. You are Emma Grace Whitlock-Cullen. You are strong, and kind―︎when you want to be. You have control and you are not a monster. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise, understand?"