二 (edited)

It wasn't the dark aura that surrounded the atmosphere that made him uncomfortable, It was the resent that surrounded Wei Ying like it was a part of his skin, as if it had always belonged there. Something in Wei Ying snapped. He'd realised that he no longer had the time in his hand to stay and take his time with Wen Chao and Wen Zhuliu.

When he realised that there Wen Zhuliu was about to inch closer to him with his hands directed towards his neck, Wei Ying knew for a fact that someone had been there watching him from the beginning. Because when he saw Zidian wrap around Wen Zhuliu's neck he knew that it was his brother who had been watching him the entire time.

He stopped playing the flute and took a step back just to watch Wen Zhuliu take his last breaths. Wen Chao's turn would follow soon after, right now he felt the need to entertain his guests. Lan WangJi. He was here. He followed right behind his brother. He knew that they had tracked him down somehow, or it was all just a coincidence.

"Wei Ying.", Lan WangJi called out for him by his birth name. If it had been some other day, some other time where things would not have turned out like this, then he would have fallen for the man in front of him. And, it would all be because of the way he treated him, pronounced his name almost as if he was concerned.

He gave them his best smile and looked away.

Lan Zhan longed to look at those eyes and they were no longer willing to look at him. It hurt. It stung. He didn't know what to feel any longer. Did Wei Ying resent him?

Wei Ying's smile was fake. Every little thing about his smile was fake, he looked hurt behind the smile that he'd given his brother. He looked pale, as if he had returned from his grave.

Finishing Wen Chao did not take long enough. He gave the man exactly what he deserved and so much more than that to the point that he begged for his death. It exactly what he wanted, the screams that he let out were music to Wei Ying's ears.

Revenge truly was the best feeling in the world. Because the happiness that he felt at that very moment could defy every happy memory of his life combined together.

"Where were you?!", Jiang Cheng as soon as they got to speak. Wei Ying sighed realising that this was going to be asked to him, for obvious reasons.

"Would you believe it if I said anything Jiang Cheng?", Wei Ying dodged his question and Lan WangJi saw right through him.

"If you got to the supervisory office before us then it also means that you were the one behind the talismans there too.", Jiang Cheng asked him sharply. Wei Ying looked away for that part and concentrated on the door, he could see that someone was definitely standing behind the door and he knew for a fact that it wasn't an enemy. He had erased them one by one making sure that they'd died a miserable death.

Jiang Cheng's patience ran thin, Wei Wuxian had zoned out even quicker than he usually did. He pulled his brother by his collar and slammed his hand on the table to get his full attention, Wei Ying looked at him with amusement in his eyes.

"Where. Were. You?", It wasn't a question anymore. As Zidian crackled in his hand he knew that it was about time his brother used it on him too.

"Here and there. Running around.", Wei Ying answered with a grin.

"I got a little hurt. So I rested for a while, found new things and now I'm here.", If lying required qualifications, then Wei Ying was the most qualified man in this planet.

Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes, he wasn't fully convinced yet. If he went too far then he knew that Wei Ying's new found anger would follow not soon after.

"Wei Ying.", Lan WangJi called out for him hoping that his eyes would be met with atleast an ounce of the emotions that Jiang Wanyin's worried ones were met with. Wei Ying looked taken aback when he was called by his birth name once again. Wei Ying felt his blood run cold for a brief moment and it was soon replaced with white hot anger after what followed later.