四十五 ✔️

Wei ying felt his world stop when he heard the news. "Lan Zhan stop joking around." Wei ying slightly smiled looking at lan Zhan who just frowned. Not getting any answers from lan Zhan he turned to look at zewu jun.

"Zewu jun, tell lan Zhan to stop joking." Wei ying shook the man's shoulders making him look at his face. Zewu jun looked at wei ying face feeling bad for what was about to come.

"Wangji , is correct wei ying." Zewu jun whispered to wei Ying his voice was a mere whisper it was enough for wei Ying to hear.

"They have labelled you as the yiling patriarch."

' a war has been declared against us.'

' they want you wei ying.'

' they have labelled you as the yiling patriarch.'

Wei ying fell down onto the ground unable to absorb the shock.

' the wen remanents are dead wei Ying.'

"Wei ying!" Lan Zhan rushed to his soulmates aide bending down to pull his soulmate back. "They're dead." Wei ying whispered looking at lan zhan's face.

Jiang cheng rushed towards his brother who had fallen down due to the shock. "Lan Zhan they can't be dead." Wei ying said looking into lan zhan's eyes which had nothing but pain and concern evident.

Wei ying let out a pained cry when things finally started sinking in. The people he wanted to give a new life to died sacrificing themselves for him.

Fresh tears started pouring down his eyes, he felt broken...he truly felt broken for the first in his whole life.

His chest started hurting from all the painful sobs he let out. "No no no this isn't happening!" Wei ying said pulling his hair.

Lan Zhan gasped pulling wei Ying into his arms. Wei ying tried pushing him away but the warmth his soulmate brought him made his cold body warm.

"We don't blame you wei Ying." Lan Zhan said rubbing his back trying to stop the man from crying but the sobs just got louder by time.

"I-i didn't do it lan Zhan." Wei ying cried out trying to pull away from the tight hold. "I know." Lan Zhan whispered back, holding his soulmate tighter.

" T-they killed e-everyone?" Wei ying asked controlling his sobs a little just to fail miserably. "Lan Zhan answer me." Wei ying pulled away from the hug trying to stand, but he fell down.

Lan zhan was quick enough to catch his soulmate, preventing his head from hitting the ground.

Jiang cheng sank down to the ground along with his brother. "None of them wei Ying.... None of them were spared." Jiang cheng sourly said to his brother.

Lan Zhan took wei ying's wrists in his hands to check his qi. He rubbed his cold hands when he felt wei ying's qi deviate. If this went on wei Ying could go into qi deviation.

Zewu jun went to lan zhan's aid, constantly telling him that wei ying will be fine. But, none of them seemed to work.

"A'ying you should go back to yunmeng, gusu isn't safe for you anymore." Baoshan sanren said looking at her grandson who still seemed to be crying his eyes out.

When there was no reply she went towards her grandson and bent down. She saw wei ying's eyes flashing red but chose not to say anything.

"Who gave it away?" Jiang cheng gave xichen a pleading look asking him not to tell but lying to wei Ying would keep him in the dark forever.

"You can't keep the boy in the dark forever." Nie mingjue said "tell him who did it or atleast show him the scroll." Qiren looked at lan Zhan and just nodded.