五十七✔️

Xichen had gone running towards the pair who were escaping the cloud recesses at the moment along with jiang cheng; leaving behind his brother and uncle.

The elders had pulled wei ying away from lan Zhan so that he could complete the ritual and go back to rest.

They did not want him to strain himself anymore. His wounds had already looked bad enough.

"Childe wei, you cannot leave the ancestral hall until the rituals are over." The man sternly said making wei ying sit down on the cushion.

"As for your shijie, first young master lan will take care of her." The man said handing him the dried flowers making him throw them into the fire.

Wei ying choked on his sobs and looked at the man with a sharp glare. "My shijie is dead! Don't you get one simple thing." He spat wiping his tears with his sleeves his silvery orbs turned slightly red.

The man infront of him shivered feeling scared of the boy's sudden change in behaviour. "I am sorry young master wei." The man apologised as he shrunk down onto his seat.

He had angered the boy a lot of times today he could say because of the glares lan Zhan gave him. Another mistake is probably going to cause a catastrophe in the cloud recesses.

Wei ying looked at him for one last time and nodded letting his mistake go.

The elders had started chanting prayers once again. They had played the sound of inquiry for baoshan sanren offering her peace and asked if she had any last wishes just to get no reply.

Which had meant that she had finally attained peace in heaven.

Several talismans were sticked to the tomb so that something evil and tainted doesn't take any possesion of the woman who laid in.

After an hour

"Young master wei,you can leave now." Wei ying just shook his head.

" Don't want to."

He whispered, lan zhan bent down alongside his soulmate and sat next to him.

"Wei ying, we should head back." He gently carded his hands through his soulmates hair and removed his hood.

"I just want to stay with her lan Zhan. I will be back you can go back." Wei ying replied. He looked at the tomb in front of him and started reminiscing his memories with his grandmother.

' A'ying let me feed you.' wei Ying started pouting when he was pulled by her into a hug.

' let me lay on your lap grandma.' he said resting his head on her lap. 'you're cuddly.' he said hugging her like she was his own personalized human pillow.

' aiya you have your soulmate for that go to him.' she exclaimed as if she was annoyed but she never pushed him away.

"She must be in a better place right?" He innocently asked lan Zhan expecting a positive answer.

"She is." He reassured him gently holding his hands.

"She must be standing with maa right now." Wei ying chuckled a little looking at the tomb in front of him.

His smile had soon turned into a frown when he realised that he was all alone in this horrible world.

"She must be having the time of her life ratting paa away from her." Wei ying whispered taking a slight pause and just stared into oblivion.

" She must be." Xichen said sitting down next to wei Ying. The elders along with lan qiren had left the hall leaving the boy alone.

Jiang cheng settled himself on the cushion behind wei ying. He sighed feeling a frown take over his face.